Weekend of Flat Tires!

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Warren Mary Ellen, May 30, 2016.

1. We went back to Oconee State Park in the mountains of South Carolina for three nights to make sure we are ready for our June trip to the Grand Canyon, the parks of Utah and Mesa Verde. I was a riding a Metric Century (62 miles) in that area of the state. The first flat ended my bike ride at 35 miles when I discovered I had forgotten to switch out my spare tube in my saddle bag. The stem was too short for my wheel so I was done early. I still got the BBQ and beer when I go back so it was not all bad. Sunday we discovered our tire was flat on our Subaru Outback. Sunday on a holiday weekend so I figured it would be ordeal to get this tire plugged. The State Park staff offered to do it with their supplies from their shop if we would make a donation to the Park. So it got fixed without even leaving our campsite.

The rest of the weekend was great. Warm enough to swim in the lake but the nights were cool enough we did not have to use the AC. There were won't be many more weekends like that in SC for a few months. It will be hot and humid even in the mountains here. And they renovated the bathroom on the loop we were on and it look like something from a nice hotel. We were a little worried going up as while we do like it here, sometimes this place can be like a tailgating party at a football game, but we were lucky it was pretty quiet for the most part. Now to get ready for our Western run which will be the last one before our daughter heads off to school at the University of Pittsburgh in August. Although, we will make some short trips into the NC mountains after our long trip is done.

2. And I got brave and put my bike on the back of the Camp Inn instead of inside the Subaru. I Like the new site since I can now download pics to it. I'll go back and put pics from our Long Haul from last summer on here too.

3. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Glad it all worked out. I don't think anyone would really like a weekend of flat tires. I think a much better weekend would be a weekend of Fat Tires

upload_2016-6-2_14-51-33.png

birder526 and Warren Mary Ellen like this.