Update We Have Our Teardrop!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by birder526, Apr 2, 2015.

1. birder526

birder526 Novice

Yesterday was great! We picked up our teardrop "Katie", number 714, and met Craig and Cary and others who are part of the camp-inn family! I wish I had the right word to describe it all. We are so happy and thrilled with this entire experience! Cary is awesome as was the full day orientation! Our teardrop is perfect and super comfy! We spent last night and tonight at Camp-inn's little camping area and got well organized. Saw beautiful Cranes tonight in flight...all is well! We are so excited to now begin our full-time teardropping! Hope to meet you all on the road!

2. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

'May the road rise to meet you...'

3. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Has it soaked in yet that it is finally, really happening after the long wait or did you wake up this morning thinking it was all just a dream? Well, it is a fantastic dream come true! I'm betting there is not room enough in that tiny camper to contain all of your joy & excitement! Congratulations!

Casandra

4. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congrats!!!!!! Our order date is soon approaching, can't wait. I didn't know that CampInn had onsite camping. That sounds perfect for us as we plan to stock the trailer and organize like you did, if orientation takes all day, that leaves little time to hit the road and find a campsite.

Can you describe the CI campground in more detail?

Thanks!

5. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

I don't know if I'd label it a "campground". I've never stayed myself, but if memory serves it's a spot for a teardrop to be parked so it's out of the way of staff arriving/departing for work. Just email CampInn that on your pickup date you may want to camp onsite for the night; or if they could recommend a nearby location instead; in case someone else already called dibs on it.

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Sherry is right. The campground is a clearing in the woods next to the factory. Nothing fancy for sure. We do have a bathroom with a shower that has a outside entrance we would be able to provide you with a key to if staying over night.

Cary

7. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

Congrats Diane Michael.

I remember reading that you could spend a night at the Necedah facility and was thinking to exercise that option when I pick mine up. That way I can soak up all the orientation and then prep the trailer with personal items during the long summer daylight hours after Camp-Inn closes up. Furthermore, I can run through the set up and take down lists at a site where everyone knows it's your first rodeo and not in a designated camp site where you become the source of entertainment for the evening.

8. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Have been waiting for you to update your blog. Hope your travels go well.

9. birder526

birder526 Novice

We're here for our third night, heading out tomorrow morning. It is a small clearing as Cary says, but it is nice and wooded around a grassy area. It has been an even better experience because there is a great guest bathroom with a shower. It has been a great opportunity to "settle in". And Cary recommended eating breakfast at the Little Crane cafe which we did and we'll eat there again tomorrow on our way out. Also, we spent time at the Necedah National Wildlife refuge and that is an awesome place! While here we also bought the alcan cover and galley drawer organizer, so bring your checkbook!! Can't wait to hear about your pick up.

Diane and Michael
    #714 Katie
    Full-timing teardroppers

10. birder526

birder526 Novice

Updated the blog tonight using my phone. Couldn't find a way to post photos. Will work on that! Thanks for following our story!

Diane and Michael
    #714 Katie
    Full-time teardroppers

11. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks, Joan! Hope we meet along the way.

Diane and Michael
    #714 Katie
    Full-time teardroppers

12. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks Casandra! This little teardrop is bursting with joy! We will pinch ourselves for awhile until it sinks in! Feel very fortunate to be able to have this experience in life.
    Diane and Michael
    #714 Katie
    Full-time teardroppers

13. birder526

birder526 Novice

Exactly! We wanted to have the pro's around for any insights or answers!
    Diane and Michael
    #714 Katie
    Full-time teardroppers

14. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi Jenn! Love your ode to roads and I know we will travel all of them at one time or another! Hopefully we'll meet you on one of them!

Diane and Michael
    #714 Katie
    Full-time teardroppers

15. BeckyIO

BeckyIO Novice

Congrats you two! Welcome to the world of small RV full-timing. :) Safe travels, and happy trails!

16. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Safe and joyful travels Diane and Michael.

17. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks Becky and Randy! We are having a blast!

18. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

Hi again Diane and Michael,

From when we met I bet you thought it would never get to the day. I hope you have a great journey. Oz says "follow the yellow brick road" and also those back roads that don't have the yellow stripes and even better if they just have gravel.

Hope to see you again on the road. Happy trails!

19. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

By the way if you get near San Antonio besides the Alamo, be sure to visit the Riverwalk and the big Market/Mercado. They have nice inexpensive Serapi's that make a colorful durable spread for warmer months. I even use mine for sitting on the ground. Every time I use it, I can see the crowds and racks of silver jewelry and smell tamalis.

20. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks Mark! We are so happy to have reached the day we got our teardrop! Now we're in Texas getting the car and trailer registered, driver's license, etc. Then we hope to head to northern California for the Dam Gathering of Tears. So excited to be on the road! Thanks for letting us tour your 650!