Water System Pump

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Peter K, May 10, 2021.

1. Peter K

Peter K Newbie

I have a #393. The pump does not respond when the faucet is turned on. I have done the trouble shooting in Manual. Any next steps?

2. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Email campinn!

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

First check your fuses and make sure none are blown.

if you fuses are OK then you will need to find the pump . Towards the pump you will see water lines coming in and out and wires from the battery coming into the pump… these are more or less right next to each other. Make sure the wires are snugly inserted. maybe even unplug them and reinsert the wires. SN 393 tells me it’s old enough that there may be a little corrosion. If this is the case likely plugging and unplugging will resolve the problem.

if you still have a problem and have a Volt Meter, check that you have 12 V at the pressure switch and that you have a good ground.

Make sure the battery is fully charged? Anything less than 12.1 shows you may have a weak battery.

If you have 12 V at the pressure switch, and you have a good ground, it is like either a bad switch or a bad pump either of which is relatively easy to replace…. Campinn can help you a specific model numbers for the pump but it shouldn’t be more than an hour of labor to replace it is likely something you can do yourself.

This really is nothing to sweat over