Water leaking at the Sun Roof

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Mick'nSarah, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I am curious if anyone has had any experience with water leaking in around the sun roof? We noticed water coming in today with the onset of the rain. It hasn't happened before this, so we were a bit surprised. It doesn't appear to be coming in through the window, but through the gasket somehow. Not sure if it might be coming in through the seam too.

I have an email off to Cary and the fellas, but since we only noticed it today and they aren't open, we have a tarp on the trailer until tomorrow when we will be able to get her into the garage. I will also give them a call tomorrow. Just thought I would check in here too, just to see if anyone has knowledge in this regard.

Thanks,

2. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Sarah, I believe Lenny had an issue. Looks like it was the rubber washers.

3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

http://www.campinnforum.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=978&Number=7255#Post7255

4. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Thanks Joan! That sounds very familiar. I will chat with Cary about the parts and either get on it or have Mick take a look. Glad it happened at home and not on a trip!

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Sarah,

Mine was leaking recently too. Craig told me to clean the gasket really well. It did the trick. Try this before you start replacing things.

The latches on the sunroof will come apart (similar to the latches on the galley storage compartment lids). Then you can stand on the bed with your head out the sunroof and clean to your heart's content. I found a lot of dirt and a few pine needles in the gasket. It was easy to see how water could find a way through.

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Sarah,

Honestly, the simple answer is the have a auto glass shop look at it. If it isn't something simple like crud on the gasket like Evan's. If there is a issue have the shop confer with us on the solution before making repairs.

Cary