Announcement Watching And Waiting

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by sidmcl, Jun 9, 2012.

1. sidmcl

sidmcl Newbie

After a year of research and hemming and hawing, I have placed my order for a 550 Ultra SUV with a late Oct. delivery date. Like most of you my decision was based on the quality, workmanship, and service that was apparent when I compaired the CI,s to other teardrops. This site has been extremely helpful in helping to identify techniques, equipment, and Do's and Don'ts that will shorten my learning curve. I already have three iteneraries planned and can only watch and wait until Oct. Sid from East TN

2. slumry

slumry Novice

Welcome Sid,you have made the right choice.

According to your profile you are a banjo player, I suppose you are used to all the banjo jokes?:grin: I look forward to hearing you play.

3. sidmcl

sidmcl Newbie

Obviously you missed the part about playing badly.

4. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Sid great choice and for all the right reasons. :)

5. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

Welcome Sid, I have learned a lot from this forumn. I am also waiting for my unit for Late Oct early Nov. Dave

6. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Sure glad we didn't wiat to order. We are looking at mid Oct. for our 560. Sure glad we had this site for pre order info.
    It sure is hard waiting, but sure having some good dreams about our future adventures with it.

7. Deb

Deb Novice

Good things come to those who wait!

8. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Sid,

Smart move (buying the CI, not tell us you play the banjo 'cus we're gonna ask you to drag it out at the gatherings).

Welcome home.

Sue

9. rockytopsc

rockytopsc Novice

Congrats Sid!!! Kingsport is a fond place for us, wife's hometown and where we were married. Just back from a long weekend in Townsend, TN.

Jason

10. sidmcl

sidmcl Newbie

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Jason and Angie good to hear from someone from Kingsport. I guess I made a big mistake mentioning the banjo. Don,t get your hopes up though, my instructor gave up teaching the banjo after me.

11. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

That's good! The great G.K. Chesterton one said "Anything worth doing, is worth doing badly.". sounds like sound advice.

12. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

We placed our order and sent in our downpayment for a 550 maybe back in April or May. Pick up is scheduled for October 1. Getting so excited! When do you all think the link to watch the build will be sent to us?

13. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

We picked up our CI in mid Oct. I think we probably got the link around the end of August or early Sept. The last few months are the hardest. Start planning your trip to the nest to keep busy.

Jim

14. LisaNKevin

Thanks, Jim. Our living room has become a staging area for things to take.

Lisa & Kevin

15. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Mantatoo,

We ordered the first of Feb and got our link for pics in the last week of May. But I assume it depends on the backlog at the time of your order. Another way to figure this out is back up from the due date (ours was early July and we go the link about 6 weeks before birth).

Now we are about to deliver ....actually its already delivered just waiting in the nursery.

16. LisaNKevin

Thanks! Hope your trip home has been or was good.
    Lisa

17. sidmcl

sidmcl Newbie

Well, I just received my first set of build photo's. It finally seems as if there really is a CI in my future. Guess it's time to get serious about picking up all the things I am going to need. Sorry my 550 will not be ready in time to attend the gathering. Next year.

18. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

Sid,we must be in the same row. Got our pictures today. Maybee next year I will be able to see your part of the country.

At least now that delivery is getting closer I think I am well equiped with items for use in the trailer.

Maybee see you at pick up.

Dave

19. sidmcl

sidmcl Newbie

Dave,Dixie, It's good to hear from someone who will be picking up at about the same time that I am. I have proposed some dates for Craig and Cary and as soon as I hear from them I'll let you know.
    I currently plan to go to the west coast next Sept. Oregon is one of three states I havn't visited and plan to get there.
    Guess I had better get busy ordering some of the items I am going to need to pick up next month.

20. Deb

Deb Novice

Hey Sid!

Another owner/soon-to-be-owner from Tennessee! Welcome. My husband and I have our retirement property in Tennessee--Monterey, to be exact. What a beautiful state and friendly people. We're looking forward to connecting with some Camp Inn owners when we finally make the move, too. It's nice to know that there are more and more of us in Tennessee!