Washington Coast In August

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Tour 931, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

my next trip is the Washington coast where I will visit five state parks in seven days. This is almost the same trip I did in January.

On a side note I’m thinking of pulling the trailer with my 1970 Ford F-250. It looks real cool but might not be up for the task.

Jim Carter likes this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

This trip I'm doing more planning. The last trip to Lake Chelan I was ill prepared as I didn't know if I could go up to 12 hours before leaving. I now have a pet setter lined up so it's a go.

I want to be able to cook more and make coffee for breakfast so I'm freezing soups which I will just have to heat and not forgetting the coffee maker.

It seems all my previous experience in a teardrop has not prepared me for the Camp-Inn. For one thing I didn't cook and ate a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I had a stove in the Little Guy but not a sink so the cleanup didn't make cooking practical.

This trip will be five parks in eight days so I will be moving almost everyday. This is how I traveled in the Little Guy. In September I'm planning 15 parks in 15 days down the Oregon coast so I will go back to my old way of traveling but will try to do more cooking. My goal is to be able to travel each day and not spend two nights in the same spot for up to six weeks like in the Little Guy. This means I can not freeze everything for the entire trip and will need to stop for fresh food every few days.

Both these trips will be at state parks and that is also new to me. Yes I've camped for months at state parks while volunteering but not while traveling. I'm cheap and don't want to pay the $8 registration fee in Oregon so will depend on each park having an open site. Washington doesn't charge a registration fee so I do have sites waiting for me in August. I'm hoping September will have sites available when the kids are back in school. If not it is Walmart parking lots again.

Evan likes this.
  3. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Would be great to hear your campground/site reports, even if brief

4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I can do that.

AlCat likes this.