MI State Park Warren Dunes State Park

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Honeymooner, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Honeymooner

Honeymooner Newbie

The sites were ample size and a lot were divided by natural foliage instead of looking right into you neighbors tent. Electric available on most but no water hook ups that we noticed. Sites had RVs, pop-ups, large campers, tents, and of course a most awesome Raindrop. They had both pit toilets and a nice, clean shower house. Miles of hiking trails that lead to Lake Michigan and the dunes. Dog beach at the lake front was great as we had our two labs with us. There are water filling stations if you need to fill the tank before getting to your site. This was only our third trip with our Camp-Inn 560 but our first that had a gentleman ask about the trailer. He wanted to know why we chose this brand as he and his wife were researching small campers. We were more than happy to pass on a brochure and inform him of the great quality and use of space on the Camp-Inn.

Ken & Peggy and Gypsy like this.
  2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

A favorite State Park since before we had our kids - first camped there in the mid 70's. A great spot.

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

We used to go to Warren back in the 70's too -- Probably 4 or 5 times every summer, not for the camping - my family doesn't camp - but just to the beach. Except for fish-kills that happened periodically, it was a wonderful place.

I did some looking -- as I am always -- for new campgrounds to visit - I am surprised how many "tent only" sites they have. I wonder if we could get away with the "Oh, its only for carrying our supplies...its not an RV!" :) Probably not very long.

4. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

As long as we don't run a generator, we have never been asked to move from a tent only site