WA - Othello Sand Hill Crane Fest Pics

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by fpoole, Mar 29, 2011.

1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Just got back from Annual Othello, WA Sand Hill Crane and Burrowing Owls Fest. Fun, but....
    It Just seems the Cranes and Othello didn’t coordinate their Calendars together very well…
    Some Cranes were there, just very Flighty, pun intended.

Gallery Pics Here

[​IMG]

Good trip, took a lot of pics of various things, but mainly of the Rig for a photo for WTF'ers Card and website.. so apologies for the excessive photos.
    However, "Le Droppe" got some "Tat"s...heheh.. just woke up one morning and there they were... well sorta..

On to the next one......

2. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Read the story in yesterday's Seattle Times and thought you'd probably be there. Glad you had a good trip.

3. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Nice pictures, with all those wires in the canopy i thought it was a picture of ours. :)

4. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

A number of years ago the family stopped in Nebraska between Grand Island and Cargne to view the migrating Sand Hill Cranes. That experience is one of my favorite memories hearing the cranes come in at night to the Platte River.

To this day, is one experience I highly recommend to anyone. Remarkable to reflect the Cranes have used the same migration pathways for ever.

Jean