Virtual Camping Opportunity

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Looking for a place to camp this weekend, we in the Palmetto State have you covered. The Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail is hosting a Virtual Campout. So if you are like us and only camping in the backyard you might be interested in this. Looks like a good idea especially for anyone with kids or grandkids or bored watching TV.

If you go to the link you can see the schedule of programs from various S.C. state parks, Congaree National Park, National Forests & National Park sites & the list is supposed to grow.

SC Virtual Campout!

Hope to see you virtually in S.C. this weekend.

Van_and_Terri likes this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I built a backyard campground for a trailer or two. My old Little Guy sits permanently parked next to the house.

Attached Files:

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.
  3. They've added to the list of videos from I originally posted this. Most of the National Park Site in SC are American Revolution battlefields plus Fort Sumter National Monument is both Am Revolution and Civil War due to Fort Moultrie being in both wars. Musgrove Mill is a state park that was the site of American Rev battle. The state parks have 3 plantation homes and at least 2 are on the list with programs.

The program at Congaree NP program on owls should be interesting. Several years ago we did a night time owl hike there which I would highly recommend in person. One of the national forest programs is in on birds and which should be good as the ACE Basin in the Lowcountry is a great place to see migratory birds.

Gypsy, Van_and_Terri and Tour 931 like this.