Very First Outing In The 550

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CampInnGlampin, Feb 23, 2020.

1. CampInnGlampin

CampInnGlampin Junior Ranger

Was a really nice and warm day today so we decided to take the new teardrop out for a maiden voyage. Ended up dropping temp really fast, rain and even snow. Was really nice to get it out and loved that we have a furnace and watched a movie and shows on our media player hooked to the TV. Love this little thing. Can't wait to get it out for some longer trips. This is about 13 minutes from our house. Cool little spot we discovered today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks like a good spot. Nice pics too, especially the one with dog.

CampInnGlampin likes this.
  3. SethB

SethB Ranger

What a nice spot! We had some good breezy cold rain in Portland today, with a side of hail.

What is your little media player? Is it USB powered? (I remember you asking about that)

4. CampInnGlampin

Hi Seth! The media player is a Micca brand. I believe its this one: Amazon.com: Micca Speck G2 1080p Full-HD Ultra Portable Digital Media Player for USB Drives and SD/SDHC Cards: Electronics

It is indeed USB powered. It is actually being powered by the USB port on the TV itself. The USB on the TV did not read the USB stick itself to actually play the movies from the stick directly but worked great for powering the actual media player. Then we have the HDMI from the media player to the TV. It works perfectly and very nice quality.

I actually like it this way since its easier to remove the USB stick. Everything is self contained to the TV. We can add a ton of music and movies or TV shows and the media player will play it all through the TV.

SethB likes this.
  5. SethB

SethB Ranger

Looks like a great little media player - thanks for sharing! Just the thing for rainy days...

6. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

Sweet! Great spot for your maiden voyage!
    Seems like a tight fit with your doggie wog. Is it? Our dog would be too big to sleep inside.
    Lisa

7. CampInnGlampin

Its not too bad! He is not very big and he is old and just likes to cuddle. Plenty of room for him to lay between us.

[​IMG]

LisaNKevin likes this.
  8. L. A. Mason

L. A. Mason Newbie

Nice setup and beautiful scenery. You are going to love your tiny camper.

Drop-Inn
    St. Petersburg, FL

9. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

Oh, my!
    What a handsome boy!

CampInnGlampin and Cary Winch like this.