Valley Of The Gods-utah

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Charlie and Becki, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Spent one night at Valley of the Gods in Utah on a week long trip through Utah, Colorado and Arizona. This may have been my favorite night of camping in the last 45 years. The star gazing was epic! Feels amazing to be alone, really alone sometimes. mexhat.jpg

LisaNKevin, Jenn, AlCat and 2 others like this.
  2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Wow!

Charlie and Becki likes this.
  3. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Very Cool!

4. TearDragger

TearDragger Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heading there in March!

5. Should be perfect in March! I am looking forward to returning there myself.

TearDragger likes this.
  6. TearDragger

TearDragger Junior Ranger Donating Member

Do you recommend any particular area to camp overnight? We're just trying to decide if we want to book something at a camp ground at Monument Valley, or if there's some great sites at Valley of the Gods (free BLM!)

7. Skip the camp sites at Monument Valley! There are no designated camp areas at Valley of the Gods. There are just areas to pull over and set up. If you don't need hookups, this is a great place. We arrived after dark and just set up on a nice flat area off the main road about 1oo yards. There were no other campers there, so it was wide open. I would imagine that there are not many campers there at any time so you should have no trouble finding a great spot.

TearDragger likes this.