Tv Antenna

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Evan, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

I finally got around to taking photos of the custom antenna mount that Cary & Craig made for our trailer.

I bought the antenna from Denny's Antenna for $59
    http://www.dennysantennaservice.com/ez_hd_tv_Antenna.html
    and had it shipped directly to Camp-Inn the week before we picked up our trailer.

[​IMG]

When we arrived we found that Craig had made a pair of custom solid aluminum mounting brackets with a 6' pole.

The antenna performs very well - picking up reception where few smaller antennas would.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Evan

Here are a few photos of Ron's TV antenna.
    I'm not sure what kind of reception he gets... Ron?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, Ron had a little screw on cover to protect his cable jack when not in use - my photo is a bit blurry... perhaps someone knows where to get these.
    [​IMG]

3. Kenster

Kenster Newbie

Evan,
    Have you seen any antenna examples for a AM/FM radio accessory?

4. Evan

I don't have any experience with an AM/FM antenna. I wonder what kind of reception a cheap little Wal-Mart radio would get?

5. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

That little screw on cover was put on at CI...they used to put them on all of the teardrops that had cable jacks. They stopped putting them on when they couldn't find a source for the silver ones anymore. Gold ones were all they could find. Apparently the silver ones aren't as popular.

:cool:

6. Evan

Ron has this to say about his TV antenna:

[​IMG]

7. ronolga

ronolga Newbie

I forgot to add info on the smaller, black antenna that's mounted next to the TV antenna. It a spring mounted 'Firestick' AM/Fm with a loading coil built in. It the equivalent of a 30 ft antenna. It works very well and picks up stations that I would never have been able to listen to otherwise. This antenna can bend down and under the roof rack mounts if needed.