Itinerary Tearjerkers: Mighty Southern Three

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by SarahNell_and_Robert, Nov 6, 2013.

1. While I wish we could report on joining yall at CICO, we do have our very first teardrop gathering ahead of us this weekend at Hunting Island State Park about 2 hours south of us!

This is the Mighty Southern Three 2013 Gathering hosted by the Tearjerkers—North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Florida chapters. I think there are close to 30 teardrops coming and 40-50 campers so it should be fun and the weather couldn't look better!

2. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Now THAT sounds like fun! Have a great time!

3. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wow, in November. We have nothing but rain and wind right now. I assume its better down south.

4. Wow, yes it's finally a quintessential fall day down here today. Woke up to mid 40s, sunshine and yellow leaves:)

There's been planned talk of a polar bear plunge at the beach tomorrow morning but as of the latest Mary Lee sighting (the East Coast's great white that's been hanging out around SC long enough we speak of her on a first name basis) she's literally in the sound right off the beach eating on some spot tail. Not so sure I'll be splashing in the shallows to interst her!

http://www.postandcourier.com/arti...eturns-to-the-lowcountry-that-made-her-famous

Half-eaten dolphin that washed up on Hunting Island:
    https://www.facebook.com/OCEARCH

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yikes, I think I would stay on the beach. I loved my trip to SC and looking forward to visiting in my new trailer.

6. We had an absolute blast this past weekend with perfect weather and great new people. It was so awesome to pull in late Friday (a lot of the Tearjerkers had arrived on Wednesday) and see a campground full of teardrops! Made me smile. I think we ended up with closer to 15-20 teardrops. Some of the tearjerkers opted to bring larger campers.

Not only were we the only Camp-Inn but only 1 of 3 factory built I do believe. There were 2 other T@Bs and the rest were home built or restored vintage Shastas and such. Lots of fun touring, exchanging ideas and sharing our CI.

If any other CIs are interestd the next gathering is already being booked at Moonshine Creek Campground in Sylva, NC for May 15-18. We'll be at site #13!

7. 1Door

1Door Novice

There are 2 photos of you on the TearJerkers site from the Mighty Southern Three. I think they were photos #120 &121.