Update T Minus 10 And Counting

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Lh303, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Lh303

Lh303 Novice

For the last several months my wife's first words to me in the morning have been 61 days to go , 60 days and so on. This morning she said T minus 10 all systems are go for takeoff. I never thought the time would finally arrive where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and the light is a new 550 Ultra getting ready to take off.

There are a number of countdowns is life that are memorable, like days until you are 21, days until you walk down the aisle with your new bride, or an especially noteable one for me personally, the DEROS date, the 10 day countdown when I left Vietnam to return to the world. Now I can add another one and that is the day I leave home to drive up to Necedah with the same bride I walked down the aisle with 43 years ago to pick up our 550.

The garage is all cleaned up, the UPS truck no longer needs to stop at our house since we now have it all, I have the GPS programmed. We are ready to boogie, and are about to launch.

Leo

PS I intentionally left out children since we did not know the exact arrival date, and while they can be a real joy, they can also be a pain at times.

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

LeoJan,
    SO excited for you! Keep an eye on the weather! Wherebouts are ya'll headed after picking it up - straight back home or mosey around a bit?

3. abccampinn

abccampinn Novice

Congratulations on the day fast approaching! How exciting!It is indeed a wonderful event.Your excitement brings back very pleasant memories of the whole process of discovering and getting a Camp-Inn. Looking forward to reading of your travels and experiences with your Camp-Inn.
    Charlie

4. Lh303

Lh303 Novice

After we pick it up we will be heading down the west bank of the Mighty Miss, ending up around Ft. Smith, Ark. Then west to Palo Duro Canyon south of Ammarillo, then home. We are keeping a keen eye on the weather, especially with the tornados and 4 inch hail that has been reported in parts of the country. Hopefully Texas will not have burned down to the ground before we get there. I hear the entire state has fires from border to border. Plan to take lots of pics, and have lots of tales when we get back to New Mexico.

5. rockytopsc

rockytopsc Novice

Congrats! Finished cleaning out our garage yesterday, UPS hasn't been by in awhile either and down to two days to leave for Necedah.

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Congratulations you are going to love your new Camp Inn and making new memories with it. Steve :)

7. Jim 2011

Jim 2011 Novice

LeoJan,
    Congratulations and an excellent discription of "memorable" days in our lives. Mine parallel yours almost exactly.
    We have until August so still a long ways to go to our 560 Ultra.
    Jim