Supersonic Sc-1512 Dvd Not Working

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Les Izmore, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

I thought I'd relay our recent experience with the built-in DVD player on the television that came with our trailer. We are currently traveling in SW Mississippi, where we've had over 3" of rain in the last 24 hours. Temperatures have been pleasant, and we haven't run the AC for quite a while.

We tried loading a DVD a couple of days ago, but it would make a lot of unusual noises and would not load. We thought perhaps it had died.

With yesterday's rain the humidity in the cabin really shot up, so we've been running the AC to help dry out the cabin air. And since we had some time on our hands while hiding from the rain, I got out the manual for the TV/DVD. It mentioned that a possible culprit was that condensation had formed within the unit. They suggested waiting an hour or two and trying again.

When we tried playing a DVD this morning, it worked flawlessly, so we suspect it was the higher humidity that was the culprit. Hopefully this will help someone else who experiences the same issue.

2. FancyCider

FancyCider Novice Donating Member

Thank you for sharing your experience with the DVD player. I love how the members of this forum are so thoughtful and look out for each other. The forum is one of the reasons I chose to purchase my camper from Camp-Inn. I picked it up in August and could not be more pleased with it.

3. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

I was having trouble with ours but it turned out that I needed to flip the disc over.

4. birder526

birder526 Novice

Congrats on your new raindrop! Wishing you many awesome adventures !

5. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

When the problem first occurred we tried inserting the disc multiple times, both label side up and label side down. The result was the same - weird noises and the DVD would not load. The condensation issue seems to have been the problem, though with it only happening once it is hard to say so with certainty.

6. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I had an issue with the DVD player but it turned out the disc was blue ray. Ooops.

Thanks for the heads up.