Summer Plans

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Warren Mary Ellen, May 22, 2020.

1. Normally, we camp over Memorial Day weekend, but we cancaled this weekend just trying to be safe. Worked out ok as the tropical storm off the coast we've had has given us one rainy day after the other, sometimes with some bad thunderstorms. Like right now.

In a couple of weeks we have reservations at Hamilton Branch State Park on Lake Strom Thurmond. Right now our plans are to camp in Jeremiah then. Joining us in a neigboring site, we will be the Robinsons in Oconee Belle. So that will be Half of the Camp Inns from SC in one spot. I know of four in the state anyway. That week would normally be when school ends and we do have to work the next couple of weeks although this has definitely been a weird way to do it. We are in Site 178 and they will be in 177 if someone finds themself in the neighborhood. That is a pretty remote area so that is probably going to just haning out at the campsite and playing the lake to cool off.

The rest of the summer is still a little up in the air. I am supposed to go to a conference near Round Top, TX and we will camp some both before and after the conference. If we get to go I know we want to go to Austin as well. I have looked at the campgrounds reviewed on the Forum, but if anyone has other ideas about where to camp in Texas and we obviously have to cross GA, AL, MS and LA to get to the Lone Star State. The conference is around the middle of July. My brother who went to school at North Texas said, "You know Texas is hot in the summer?" If the conference gets canceled, we will go to somewhere cooler and go to Texas some other time.

At the end of the summer I know we are back at Lee State Park Labor Day Weekend to attend the Southern 500 NASCAR race again in Darlington. We have some other reservations for the Fall as well.

2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Happy camping.

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.