Update Stray Cat, #539 Launched October 1

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by LisaNKevin, Oct 7, 2012.

1. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

We picked up our 550 Ultra the Monday after the CICO. We had stopped by and met Carol & Mike from our area in Florida who had just picked their 560 up that Friday before the CICO. We got there early Monday, Marty started us off then Cary arrived and took over with our orientation. We were probably on the road no later than 2. Spent two nights at Devil's Lake State Park, Baraboo, WI. Then headed home staying one night each at Kickapoo SP in Illinois, Nolin Lake SP in KY and then McKinney Campground (Corps of Engineers) in north Georgia.

We had great weather & Fall colors and a great time camping. We got home yesterday, today we bathed her, applied Woody Wax (the spray bottle) and got her in the garage.
    Wonderful trip!
    Lisa

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Good luck LisaNKeven its great isn't great to own a Camp Inn. :)

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Congrats Lisa and Kevin! What did you think of Kickapoo SP? We've talked about going there for a couple of years now, but haven't made it yet.

4. LisaNKevin

Thanks, everyone. We love our CI.
    Well...Kickapoo is a mixed bag. It's beautiful, lush but it's right near the interstate, so you do hear a lot of road noise, many trucks. There were a lot of Canada geese, a number of deer roaming about. It's a huge park, looks to have a lot of trails. I think it'd be good if you had bikes.
    We were there on Wed night in the non-electric/no water area and shared it with only a tenting couple with a baby. Reservation tags showed it was going to be a busy weekend. This area had pit toilets that were not bad, relatively speaking. In other words, there wasn't a stench. The loops of the CG that had electric had normal bathrooms/showers. The facilities were fine but seemed to be in some decline. I had read Kickapoo had been on the chopping block but then was resurrected.
    Would I go back? Not as a destination but perhaps as a stopover point. I'll post photos of our trip when I get some free time.

5. LisaNKevin

Thanks, Jenn!

6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Thanks for the report on Kickapoo, good to know. :)

7. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Congrats! Enjoy your Stray Cat!

8. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Glad you had a great trip. We were wondering if you were back home. We got back Sunday night. We really enjoyed the Camp Inn. We had to go back through Kentucky to visit our daughter in Lexington where we stayed a couple of days so we were park hopping. We left Necedah and stayed in a park in Illinois along the highway. After leaving Lexington, we went to Nashville for the night and then on to a nice Corp of Engineering Park in Alabama--Gunter Hill Campground. Then we stopped in Panama City before heading home. The Camp Inn did great.

9. LisaNKevin - Congratulations!! Be sure to keep us posted on the places you go, and your overall experiences with your Camp Inn!

10. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Enjoy the ride. You have just entered a wonderful new world.

Camp on,

sue

11. LisaNKevin

Thank you! Loving it!