"Stow Gear Safely"

Discussion in 'Camper's Confessional' started by jfocallag, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

One of the items on the Camp-Inn check list is to check that gear is stowed safely. This checklist applies to departing activities but this one also applies while in camp.

Lesson learned: store all gear including luggage, purse and brief case near the camper and NOT near the tow vehicle while in camp.

Cost of lesson: One iPad2, one iPod touch 2nd generation and a suitcase. While Apple makes good products, nothing will survive a 4000 pound car running them over.

Update: My sister called while I am typing this. She went to the Apple store to see what could be done about the iPad2. They replaced it free! It was still under warranty (although the warranty does not include acts of stupidity) and since my sister and her husband have been such good customers and have never had to replace anything under warranty before, the Apple store person said they would replace the iPad2. He helped her get what information they could off of the damaged one. She will not be able to use it until she gets back to Ohio and syncs with her computer.

By the way, guess who the culprit is. :blush: Huge sigh of relief!

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Thats not good. Steve :)

3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Ouch!

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

That is amazing Apple helped you out that way. Maybe they consider it type of product testing, and can now safely say that their products are not rated at 4000 lbs! Really says something about the store/sales reps there. Was this in Portland?

6. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

It was the Apple store in Bridgeport Village.

7. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Wow! We go to that one a lot. They are definitely nicer than the folks at Washington Square!

8. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Oh my I think I will keep that in mind.

I found that a small clear plastic box about the size of a shoe box works great for stowing our cell phones, ipod, misc. chargers, keys, etc., works great for going between the tow, cabin and galley. I had been laying them down in multiple places or pockets and always looking for them. Now I have one spot works great!