Storing the new Galley Table Offset Bracket

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Les Izmore, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

We recently got our new CI bracket for moving the galley table to one side so that we have clear access to the sink, so I decided I wanted a way to store our new acquisition. In addition to wanting to make sure it was secure and not banging or rubbing on anything, and I also wanted its use to be OPTIONAL - since there are times when we just picnic by the road and access to the sink isn't a big deal. My solution was to manufacture two wooden blocks to elevate the bracket above the swing out brace that supports the folded part of the table. To those blocks or "towers" I added some modified $1 dog collars to secure the bracket in place. Another option would have been to have secured them in place using some velcro StrapAll (basically double-sided velcro - one side is the hook-and-loop velcro and the other side is the smooth velcro that clings to the hook-and-loop), and if for some reason I find the dog collars don't work, I'll switch to StrapAll.

[​IMG]
    One of my wooden "towers."

[​IMG]
    Notice the dado on the bottom to accommodate the thickness of the collar.

[​IMG]
    The completed assembly.

[​IMG]
    A close up showing how the dog collar was modified.

[​IMG]
    The table being used while the bracket is stowed - note that the support for the other half of the table can swing freely underneath.

[​IMG]
    The new CI offset bracket in place, as viewed from the rear of the trailer.

[​IMG]
    The table being used while the bracket is stowed - note that the support for the other half of the table can swing freely underneath.

[​IMG]
    And one last shot showing that it doesn't impede our trash bag location.

[​IMG]
    And a close up of the do hickey that we wrap one end of the bag handle on. That rubber grommet makes it impossible for the bag to come loose on that end.