Storage Bag For Magma Pots

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Little Patriot, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Not sure if this is old news, but Magma Products is now filling orders for a padded storage bag.
    Apparently the company had enough customers inquire about storage bags for their Magma cookware so they decided to manufacture them.
    The cost is reasonable, but the shipping is a little steep. I copied the link below.

A10-364

They also sell protectors made specifically for the cookware. I tried a generic version from a retail store but they were too thick, and I couldn't nest the pots so that the lid would cover the set as designed. Curious if Magma's will allow the lid to fit flush as intended.

A10-368

2. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

That is the first I've heard of this. We just throw a towel over ours, mainly to keep if from gouging the woodwork in the deep storage. At one time we contemplated sewing the edges together so that it just slips over the top, but the towel seems to work just fine. But we did install a mesh soap dish basket on the bulkhead wall to keep the handle from getting lost in the deep storage. Or more correctly, so that I could see it and remember to pull it out with whatever pan I needed. Too often I would pile a bunch of food for prepping on top of that deep storage lid, only to realize that I forgot the handle...

3. Little Patriot

Same here with the towel. I store the two handles down inside my heavy duty oven mitts to keep them from banging up the inside and against the pots. I did order the storage bag today though. The product description says it will also hold the strainer and fry pan, which I don't have. Maybe for Christmas? :rolleyes: I have to admit the bungee cord around the Magma nesting pots makes me more than a little nervous; one could get seriously hurt with it. :eek:

Speaking of covers/storage...For those who use the Claw as part of their security, I found a padded tennis racket cover with zipper works great to store the Claw while traveling or not in use. Last year I found a Nike racket cover discounted at Target for $4. It was in an end of season bin.

Jenn and Chuckwagon like this.
  4. Little Patriot

Follow up for anyone interested:

I like the storage bag for the Magma nesting cookware. The material is padded but not bulky, and it seems well made with quality zippers. The cookware handles fit snug in opposite corners with padded material separating them from the cookware.

Things were getting a little crowded for me with towels trying to protect all my gear.
    I currently use 3 towels in the galley: one wrapped around the cooler; one around a table; one around the extension. Hope to eventually attach the extension to the underside of its table as others on the forum have posted.

5. Steve_B

Steve_B Newbie

Thanks for the follow-up review. I bought a ten piece A10-366-2 Magma cookware set plus a A10-369-2 saute pan and a A10-367 colander. Would all twelve pieces fit reasonably well in the A10-364 bag? My ten piece Magma set came with the A10-368 pot protectors too. The zippered bag would make storage convenient and help protect varnished plywood in the galley of my home-built teardrop from dings and wear.

6. Little Patriot

Hi Steve.

Yes, the product description says it will hold the 10 piece cookware set, the optional colander, and the sauté omelet pan together.
    I cannot personally verify that as I do not yet own those two optional pieces, but there seems to be enough space for them when nested with the 10 piece set.
    I don't think I'd want to remove the 2 internal corner compartments as they each act as a barrier between handle and cookware. Otherwise, the handles would rub against the set and scratch it.
    If you have 4 handles, you could slip the other two handles down inside oven mitts for storage and transit.
    That worked great for me prior to ordering the storage bag.

My cookware didn't include the pot protectors for some reason. Perhaps when I call to order the optional pieces I'll mention it to them.

Deb

7. Theresa

Theresa Novice

Y'all really carry a 10-piece cookware set when you're camping?

Is the storage bag to keep things from knocking together while you're driving?

8. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

I'm not sure if we have 10 pieces, but we have more than we routinely use. But we live in our camper, so it all gets used on occasion. We mainly just use the frying pan and saute pan. But the way everything nests together, the rest of it doesn't use a whole lot more space. It's great to have the dutch oven and colander in case we meet new folks on the road and decide to do a big pasta feed.

The bag is to keep the nested pans from banging around in the deep storage. We use a towel to serve the same purpose.

The main thing is that these pots and pans work very well with the Camp-Inn stove, since they have thick bottoms. Less hefty cookware is prone to scorching, unless you use a cast iron heat diffuser under the pots. I suspect the majority of folks use a few pieces of cast iron cookware. Cast iron has a bit of learning curve to it, but it is a more traditional way of cooking.

9. Steve_B

Steve_B Newbie

Just ordered the Magma a10-364 storage bag. I'm curious what the dimensions are when it's fully packed. Will share my opinion and size info when I receive the bag. Chose USPS Priority Mail for the least costly shipping option.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  10. Little Patriot

Just now following up with the Magma cookware storage bag. It does hold all pieces, including the strainer and frying pan, along with the pot protectors from Magma.

Tom & Diana P likes this.