SnuggleBug hits the road...

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Evan, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

We're off for a 3 week tour of the Midwest.
    First stop is Portland, then St. Louis, Ft. Wayne, Springfield, and finally the CICO. (We were able to time our campus visits around the CICO).

If I can I'll post some updates as we go...
    We'll be seeing quite a few of you folks very soon! :)

Here is the link to our travel blog with photos...https://snugglebuglonghaul1.shutterfly.com/

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Have a safe trip - see you at CICO!

3. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Kewl.... Tell Lena, I'll bring some "Mud Slides" this time too... heheh... fun...

4. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Ah....Lena, have a mudslide for me!

5. Evan

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  6. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheheh... Nice along the Gorge, no wind eh??? Also, it's funny about the propane tank... do it all the time.. luckily I carry a back up and also have the little adapter for the bottles, but going to A&W is much nicer, Qucik N Easy... fun..

7. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

And there are very few (if any) dishes to do! Win-win! :)

Great to see you guys! We have to do it again sometime soon!

8. Evan

Today we drove through severe thunderstorms all day. The bad news is that almost everything is leaking into the cabin - the doors, the front windows, and the sunroof. The good news is that SnuggleBug has an appointment at Camp-Inn.

New pictures are on our travel site. (See link at top of thread).

9. rockytopsc

rockytopsc Novice

Evan must have missed spotting you in the dark as we passed through Cheyenne. We made it to Loveland, CO after a long day from West Yellowstone, MT.

10. Evan

Jason, we tried to follow you this morning towards Denver, but all the roads were closed due to washed out bridges. Were you on the right side of the bridges or did you have to backtrack?

Boy, was it a wet day through Nebraska! We had a 1/2" of water in the storage compartments under the mattress.

11. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Wow! I didn't know they'd collect water.

We are flying into Denver this morning for a week's vacation. We had a cabin rented in Estes Park, but since all roads into that area are still impassable we have changed our plans. We found a cabin on VRBO near Carbondale, CO, about 200 miles west of Denver, west of the Continental Divide, that didn't receive nearly as much rain. Talking with the people in Estes over the last couple of days, hearing about and seeing the terrible flooding in that region - it's incredible that only a few people have been lost.

12. 1Door

1Door Novice

Beautiful rainbow!!
    Here in Florida...after a hurricane...when everything is damp from not having any power for several days...the best way to "dry out" the house is to turn on the HEAT not the Air Conditioner. I think that method helps "bake out the moisture". May work for Snugglebug.

13. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Evan, you need to talk with Jenn on where to place duct tape.
    I have learned to put cotton balls and duck tape covering the small vent hole above the windows.

Rain gets sucked in the vent holes, runs down the doors and is soaked up by bedding.

Jean

14. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

I look forward to hearing how this accomplished.

Jean

15. Evan

SnuggleBug is going to the factory to get waterproofed. We are all dried out now, but don't want to do that again.

16. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

No doubt in my mind that Craig will have you waterproofed. He is awesome--doesn't give up until he has it fixed.