Sink Mate Cutting Board

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Evan, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Sink Mate Cutting Board from Camping World

This handy little cutting board costs $36.99 and needs just a little bit of modifying to fit perfectly in the Camp-Inn sink.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

We brought it with us when we picked up our trailer and Craig modified it for us, but it could be done by anyone with a decent saw.
    A hand router or dremel would also be helpful but is not necessary.

Step 1:
    Cut between 3/8" to a 1/2" off the end of the board. (Otherwise the galley door won't shut.)
    [​IMG]

Step 2:
    Move the adjustable feet into the position shown in the photo.
    [​IMG]

Step 3 (Optional): Cut a small quarter round notch for the sink handle.
    [​IMG]

Step 4 (Optional): Clean out a small groove for the chain.
    [​IMG]

Step 5 (Optional): Sand or file the cut edges to provide a nice rounded edge.

or....

Just bring the cutting board with you if you are picking up a new trailer and have Craig do all the work - haha. (we know he's so good at it, don't we Betsey?)

Sink Mate Cutting Board from Camping World

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Wow that's great! I'll bet they'll start making that and option, don't you think? Where did you buy it?

3. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

We got it at camping world - there's a link at the very tippy top of this thread.

4. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Evan,

Just finished modifing one Sink Mate cutting board according to your instructions... great pictures.. I'm packing it up for the trip back to Necedah in July... getting ansy but packing for the TD is helping...

thanks for the great idea!

5. slumry

slumry Novice

If you are getting a new Camp-Inn you will find that the sink currently offered is a bit different than Evans. The facet is at the top and the spray hose is located to the left. Also, I think the dimensions of the sink maybe different. We got the same board thinking we would modify it and now just use it as a simple cutting board.

6. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

I guess I will have a general purpose cutting board with some modifications then... maybe I can do some additional mods when I get to Necedah.