Update Silver Lily Has Left The Nest!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by skissinger, Apr 24, 2013.

1. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

After a thorough orientation (Thanks Cary!), left the nest and headed home. I'm in Wisconsin; so it's not that far really.

It's now in the garage, and I've already started transferring "stuff" to it. Since the sun is starting to set... I don't really need to keep arranging (re-arranging) the stuff anymore tonight.

It's maiden voyage will be at Cooler by the Lake this weekend. I'll take a few shots of it's first time out (my first time out) and post them after.

Why Silver Lily? It's silver (well, aluminum and stainless steel, but calling it 'the aluminum and stainless steel lily' just doesn't roll off the tongue), and I've always liked water lilies, and it opens up, is a pretty as a flower, and I've decided on a gray/silver and red color 'theme'.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Congrats, Sherry, on finally getting your teardrop! And the weather looks good for the weekend, so it should be an enjoyable maiden voyage.

Let the gilding of the Lily begin!

3. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wooooo Hoooo Sherry,
    Congrats... first time out is always fun... take a pad and pen to write stuff down. Makes it easier to remember what is needed and what is not...

Fun...

4. Biggie

Biggie Novice

Congratulations Sherry!! Hope to see you at CICO again this year. You will be a teardrop veteran by then!! - Julie

5. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

endless rearranging is part of the fun, especially at the beginning. And Frank's right, write down the ideas you glean from other owners (and soon they'll be making notes about yours.)

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Congratulations and good luck, safe travels. :)

7. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Have so much fun!

8. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

cool name

9. 1Door

1Door Novice

Congrats and let the good times begin. Each trip will prove to be better than the last, so set back and enjoy the many experiences that are heading your way.

10. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

[​IMG]

From Cooler Near the Lake, the shakedown weekend. There was only one thing I noticed I forgot--furniture pads on the bottom of the cooler/fridge so I do have some 'slide' marks already.

Otherwise it was a great weekend; not too cold, no rain or snow. Just a bit of wind occasionally. And of course a great bunch of people.

11. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Sherry Congraulations! Looks like you are pretty well set up on your first outing.

12. 1Door

1Door Novice

Looks like there was a home built teardrop in the background? Teardrops must be more popular in that part of America as you rarely see one here in Florida....all big rigs around here. Nice photo of the galley!