Side Table Trash Can

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Randy, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

I got this idea from Dustin (thank you Dustin). Side table trash can slide
    Thought I would share how my version came out. This would be a great option for Camp Inn to offer!

I went with a 7 Gallon Trash Bin. A double paper grocery bag with handles fits perfectly eliminating the need to overlap a garbage bag over the top of the can which would make it hard to slide in and out. The "paper or plastic" question is now a no brainier!

I did have to move the extinguisher back a few inches and dremel out two plastic braces under the lip of the can to allow it to slide. Works great and the table serves as the lid.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    JeremyB, Mark & Casandra and Evan like this.
  2. birder526

birder526 Novice

Awesome idea!!

3. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Thanks for giving me the credit Randy, but as I mentioned when I first wrote about it, I got the the idea from someone at the 10th annual CICO. I don't remember for sure, but it may have been Jerry & Tina I copied their galley shelf partitions too. They are quite the designers, and I do OK copying others great ideas ;-)
    For some reason I wasn't able to see the pics you posted. I tried two different browsers, but no luck.

birder526 likes this.
  4. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Reposted my pics, had a couple of occasions where they disappeared from my albumn after posting, not sure what I did wrong. Thanks for letting me know.

Evan likes this.
  5. JeremyB

JeremyB Junior Ranger Donating Member

Great pics of a useful modification...:)

Randy likes this.
  6. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Thanks for re-posting your pics. Looks like a nice improvement with the larger basket that will hold a paper grocery bag. Always nice to see an idea evolve and improve.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Randy likes this.