WANTED Shipping, Hauling, And One Way Rental Companies

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Michael Patricia Doucet, Sep 7, 2015.

1. My husband and I are looking into purchasing a used Camp Inn. For one, we are trying to find a company that rents a vehicle with a tow package and allows for a one way across country rental. For example, renting a pick up truck on the east coast and driving w/a Camp Inn to the west coast. We have checked with Uhaul, Budget, Enterprise and rental car companies. They either do not offer a tow package, do not allow one way, or charge a add on fee of ~$1000 for the one way.

The alternative is to have the Camp Inn shipped or hauled. Can anyone name a company that has worked well for them?

Are there special concerns or helpful hints in this area?

Thank you!

2. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

contact Campinn to find out who they use.

Bob

3. Thanks. That's what we'd decided after spending tons of time on line getting bids.

4. Steve & Peggy

Steve & Peggy Newbie

I used uship.com when I bought my used Camp-Inn. I had it shipped from Oregon to Texas. Wasn't too expensive and it worked well for me.

5. We called Camp Inn and they gave us the company they use. We also had a bid from uship.com. Both were approximately $1.00 per mile. A third company bid ~$2.00 per mile.

Although Dick of NJ offered a good value and seemed a fair price for his 2004 Camp Inn 550, we decided to pass for now. We had not seen a Camp Inn locally in California and I could not travel to NJ to check Dick's trailer on short notice. Flights and hotels were sky high ($2000) likely due to the Pope's upcoming visit! And we weren't prepared to purchase a Camp Inn unseen! or last minute close our business to haul the trailer ourselves.

Still this experience w/Dick prompted us to contact and visit Al & Cathy's 550 Ultra here in the Bay Area. (Thank you again Al & Cathy!) And of course it was love at first site! Now we feel more prepared to find our Camp Inn!