screen in the ceiling fan

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by Dave & Brenda, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Dave & Brenda

Dave & Brenda Newbie

Ok, this one comes under the heading of "There must be some way to do it, but I sure can't figure it out."

Anybody know how to get that screen off that's under the ceiling fan? Ours looks like it's getting kind of clogged up, and I'd like to take it off to give it a good cleaning but I sure don't see how it comes off of there...

little help?

2. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Try this:

www.fantasticvent.com/operating/how_to_operate_assets/model_4000BT_rv.pdf

3. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Cleaning Instructions:
    1. Turn fan motor off.
    2. Locate the thumb tab on the Pop ‘N Lock Screen, grab and pull down to unsnap.
    3. Wash Pop ‘N Lock Screen and fan blade with a light non-abrasive soap, rinse and dry.
    4. Re-install the Pop ‘N Lock Screen by gently snapping back in place.
    Suggestion: Oncescreenandbladearewashedanddried,yoNuewFman-TasyticVwent®ipregeisteoredrtradsemparkeadylogo303 Fan-Tastic Vent®
    protector (a water based protector; do not use a petroleum based protector) on the
    screen and blade. Buff to a high gloss.This will minimize the amount of dust and dirt
    build up.
    Cleaning Instructions:
    1. Turn fan motor off.
    2. Remove 8 painted flat head Phillips screws around perimeter of screen insert.
    3. Clean screen and blade with soap and water solution and reinstall.
    4. Re-Install the scree by reversing Step 2.
    Suggestion: Once screen and blade are washed and dried, you may wipe or spray 303 protectant (a water based protector; do not use a petroleum based protector) on the screen and blade. Buff to a high gloss.This will minimize the amount of dust and dirt build up.

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I just cleaned our screen and blades last week, but did not do the 303 treatment. I will pop it apart and do that before our next trip. Thanks for that suggestion!

5. Dave & Brenda

Dave & Brenda Newbie

Ha!! I knew there'd be some way to do it.

Thanks, McNugit!

(y'know, when I was trying to figure it out I saw that little tab up there and I even grabbed it and pulled a little, but I was hesitant to give it a good yank because I was afraid of breaking it.)

6. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Novice

303 protectant is a great product. Get rid of the Armor All!!
    Armor All is oil based... 303 is not... 303 works great with your interior on your vehicle - dashboard, doors, console etc etc...

7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I've used 303 on the kayaks for many years - it does a super job of protecting against the effects of UV rays.