satellite dish mount

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by bobbyvaughn, Sep 2, 2011.

1. bobbyvaughn

bobbyvaughn Newbie

I am tiring to figure out the best way to use or mount a Dish Network satellite dish with or on my Camp Inn 550 Ultra. Any suggestions on a simple DIY mounting system would be appreciated.

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

We have and live in our fifth wheel RV and travel with the 560. Currently we are stationary and use the campground cable but prior to that we had Dish network and we still have the dish on a tripod that we would take and would set up when we moved around. I'd recommend the same for your situation and not mount it on the CI. It's a matter of just pulling it out, quick setup and setting coordinates. Just don't tell Dish - they get nervous- but it's no different than having Dish in another bedroom- except for local channels. If u have Dish service already just take your box and put it in the CI. If you tell them you want to take it in an RV they make you get a separate account which is expensive.

3. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

We use Direct TV. I use a tripod and several feet of cable to get to a clear view of the southern sky. It can be a snap to set up or it can seem to be very tedious if there are lots of trees. I used Dish for a while. When we went to Direct for HD in one room, it became easier. There is no skew in the low definition dish for direct. Also for what ever reason we seem to get the local channels where ever we are in the middle TN area. Hope this helps,
    Steve