Ron's removable tongue

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Evan, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Here is how Ron protects his trailer from theft - by removing the tongue so that it can't be towed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm guessing that this is a stock item that Ron welded into place after cutting off the original tongue. Is that true Ron?

2. Evan

And another bonus feature:

Ron took the Camp-Inn spare tire and turned it into a trailer caddy / back saver:

[​IMG]

3. Evan

Found one more photo... yikes - I hope that propane bottle was empty

[​IMG] :crazy:

4. abccampinn

abccampinn Novice

Wow, that Ron is pretty clever!
    Charlie

5. mewton

mewton Novice

I was thinking of doing something like this once I pick up my raindrop! Thanks for the pictures, it should make it easier if I do get around to doing this. Has anyone come up with any other anti-theft ideas? Has anyone ever had a camper disappear on them? I'm curious because when I go camping I can't stay in the campground, the whole point for me is to go hiking or other activities (who knows, I may take up fishing some day).

6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

We've not had or heard of a camper being stolen, but I'm sure it does happen. We leave the hitch lock in place while set up in the campground. Others also make sure to wrap their chains around the trailer and lock them so they can't be used by someone to just drap the camper off. There are also 'Denver Boot' type locks for clamping to the campers wheels so they can't turn. I'm sure you'll get plenty more responses and ideas on this one ;)

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

I'm not aware of any CI tears that have been stolen but there was one that someone tried to take right out of the front yard. They weren't successful, though.

On occasion, I have known of a few teardrops (not CI) that have been stolen. Don't know if they have ever been recovered.

:cool:

8. Evan

Ron says:

[​IMG]

9. ronolga

ronolga Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016