Rock Tamers

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Ken & Peggy, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Just installed a set of Rock Tamer mud flaps in preparation for our upcoming Pacific NW trip.
    Install was straightforward - just be sure to measure your vehicle height with your trailer hooked up and fully loaded. This assures a proper fit, since most installs will require cutting some of each flap off.
    They are heavy duty - I'm certain that gas mileage will be affected - but should hopefully do their job and keep our precious teardrop protected...

2. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

I wouldn't tow our 560 without the Rock Tamers. One of our earlier trips was trough Death Valley and a couple of gravel roads really beat up the front of the trailer in spite of the alcan cover. I have had the bolts clamping to the ball mount, makes a rattling sound but doesn't really do any damage if caught early. Check them often at first to be sure they stay tight.

3. Ken & Peggy

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check.

4. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

We use Rock Tamers too, they are awesome. We also installed the "Hitch Quiet". No more rattles or noises from the 2" hitch in the receiver. Zero noise and cost $35

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ken & Peggy

Funny you mention this issue - since installing the Rock Tamers I've been looking at this kind of product to eliminate the wobble that gets so exaggerated with the Tamers attached. This item does the trick and ends the wobble? My only concern is whether there's room for it and the Rock Tamer with my setup...

6. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Fits and works for us perfectly.

7. Ken & Peggy

Nice. I'll have to look for one on the road, as we leave in the early A.M. on our month-long adventure. I'm guessing one of the camping sales centers will likely have it... Thanks.

8. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Happy trails in the northwest. Look forward to your pictures.
    Gina