WI State Park Richard Bong State Recreational Area

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Ken & Peggy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Located in the southeastern part of the state, west of Kenosha. We hadn't stayed here before, a very nice campground with showers. Hiking trails, a lake, and plenty of acreage. We took our 2 middle 'children', aged 29 and 24, who slept in a dome tent on a queen mattress. Beautiful weather Friday, not so much Saturday, but we still managed to enjoy ourselves. Walked around Burlington, then off the Milwaukee - which, by the way, is a great city with very cool neighborhoods to explore. Just finishing up with the drying out of tents, etc. Ready to head off for the CampInn CampOutt later this week!

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/specific/bong/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Tom C

Tom C Newbie

Re: Richard Bong State Recreational Area

Ken & Peggy:
    Since I live in Kenosha I've camped at Bong many times. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay there. I like to go during the week when it's not so crowded. It can get pretty noisy there sometimes when the college kids take it over. Next time you go to Burlington, check out Freds downtown for an awesome burger.
    I guess we'll be meeting you at CI-CO this year.
    Tom

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Re: Richard Bong State Recreational Area

Hi Tom. It did seem like it could be a popular place to go, and thanks for the mid-week tip. We did see Fred's on the corner as we walked around that area, and put it on our list to try, but we had just finished breakfast at the Town Fryer, which I would recommend if you haven't been there.
    We'll see you at the CampOutt.