Replacing Battery - any advice?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by LoriCz, Apr 16, 2015.

1. LoriCz

LoriCz Newbie

Hi all,
    I need to replace the battery (died after a 2 year storage in AZ) in a 550 Ultra. Any specific recommendations as to brand, type, etc.? I will likely be purchasing from Costco but if a non-Costco type is strongly advised I will go elsewhere.

Any tips regarding replacement would be much appreciated!

Thank you - LoriCz

2. gregangsten

gregangsten Junior Ranger

The main thing is that it must be exactly the size of the original one or it will not fit, take it from me. That may leave you with the original one as your best (or only) option.

3. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

What year 550? Around 2010, CI changed from the smaller, motorcycle style battery to the larger, automotive style.

Check the measurements. I would recommend getting a marine deep cycle battery as it will last longer and is designed for this type of application. However, note that they do cost more than a typical automotive battery.

4. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Lori,

Call Camp Inn for recommendations also.

Welcome to the forum.

Jean

5. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Get the same size as what came with the CI.

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Lori,

Yes, shoot us an email at Camp-Inn. Our email is camp.inn@tds.net

We should have your contact anyhow to set you up in the customer database so email us your address and phone number while you are at it. Send us the serial number of the trailer and we can tell you which battery you have in yours and give you the information you need to replace it.

Let us know if you have any questions at all.

Cary

7. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Bear,

That was what Jay was explaining further up. The early models had a lawn mower sized battery in them as a standard. It was not a lawn mower battery however, but rather a industrial AGM. The large battery option we offered back then put the larger marine battery in as a option.

We changed that to offer the large marine battery as the standard offering and a industrial AGM battery of the same dimensions as an option.

So, the vintage of the trailer can greatly affect what battery is in and also what original battery option was ordered.

That is why LoriCZ should contact us to help figure this out.

Cary