Ready to pull out and no lights! Help!

Discussion in 'Towing & Tow Vehicles' started by Ladymc, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

6:20 PM central- master switch is thrown, plugged in and no lites! Can anyone help us know what we're not doing? Bad fuse somewhere? 501-520-8770

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'm sure you've found the problem, but reset the circuits, and some of them are bad. If you can, try the outlet in the next site if it's near by. Park Host would be the next step or reset the white circuit breaker in the kitchen where the plugs are. Small "reset" button in between the plus.. and finally something should work somewhere or you're not getting any power. If something else does work, inside lites or water pump, then probably a fuse.. I learned to carry 2-3 tabs of them.. had an electric heater pad that kept shorting out...
    HTH

3. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

fpoole - I'm not talking shore power - I'm talking power from the van to the Raindrop - no lights! Been working on the problem for 4 hrs. with friends help and everything cks. out ok - taking it to the shop early AM. Hope I can make the show and steak dinner tomorrow by 6 PM! If not, maybe they'll let me use those tickets for Friday night instead - will just miss getting to see our son and new daughter in law on Friday tho...:(

4. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

It has to be the flux capacitor, unless the blinker fluid is low.

Hilditch

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Novice

Nice classic movie reference! My tow vehicle has a 7amp fuse under the dash for the lights on the trailer. It has blown before when I plugged trailer into tow vehicle and the lights were already on. Now I make sure lights are off before the connection is made. Check under the dashboard.

6. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Dog & Cat were loaded, ready to pull out at 6 PM last night - no lights: Friends worked 4 hrs. to try to get it working - no go. Bill's blood sugar dropped so low (78) he had to stop and eat and rest. I "worked" (i.e. watched) while guys in the campground worked on it till almost 10 - nothing.

Brought cat & dog back in plus overnight bag and went to bed at 10:30 - up at 5:30, it's now 6:00 - automotive guys open at 7:30 - we'll be there hitched up and trying to get it fixed.

Matt - thanks - first thing I'll get checked when we pull into the automotive guy this morning.

We have dinner and play tickets for tonight at 6 at Palo Duro Canyon which is 9 hrs. away - if it can be fixed quickly we're headed out and should make it - if not, I'm calling ahead to see if we can reschedule for tomorrow night - we had plans on seeing the youngest son and new daughter in law tomorrow night, but it may have to be pushed forward. SIGH....We ARE having fun yet though!

One good thing - we had a hotel scheduled for last night and when I called and told them we had car trouble they cancelled without charging us! See? Miracles still DO exist! See ya'll down the road - I'll update when I have the time.

Oh - on one good note - the problem is with the van NOT the CI! It lite up like a Christmas Tree last night when plugged into another vehicle!

7. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Now there's a thought Gull wing doors on a Camp Inn?

8. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Hi Linda how did you make out with the lights.Steve :)

9. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

We spent the night at home, got to automotive shop at 7:45, we knew it was the van not the trailer- man found a signal controller that was installed when the unneeded brake system was installed- a new part just faIled- he fixed it and we were on the road by 9:45. Made it here in 7 1/2 hrs- not 9 like Google maps saId- love our GPS- took us cross country and we saved lots of time- no speeding- honest! Got here in time for the play and dinner- plus had time to stop and see historical markers along the way! The first day of a six week trip has begun! Can't wait to meet and greet at the Camp Out and see "The Nest!"