Rain Fly for side tent

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by eileenpaine, May 19, 2011.

1. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

Just back from another rainy trip to the central CA coast. Would it be possible to get a rainfly for the side tent?? It sure would have been helpful a few times.

2. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Eileen,

Got the first batch of side tent rainflys in two days ago and they are already gone. We will eventually advertise that we have these once we have enough in stock. If interested, shoot me an email and I can get you on a list for the next batch coming in soon.

Cary

3. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

WOW! Thanks Cary.
    I just sent you an email requesting to be on the list for the next batch.
    It seems we only camp in rainy weather -the sun comes out as we drive home!

Eileen

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

What is the rainfly?

5. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

And why should you be different?

6. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Give me Texas sun anyday!

7. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

If we camped in Texas, it would rain : )

8. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Careful Eileen! Texas might ask you to come to help with some of those fires!

If it is any consolation, it always rains for us too. But then, some would argue it always rains here. I feel like it makes us a little more hard core! :)

We found the Northern Breeze was big enough for us to put over the trailer and keep us dry. I do like the idea of the rainfly for the sides though. Cary, would love to see pictures when you have them!

Bake and Kroak likes this.
  9. Cary Winch

Coming soon. We'll get it shown on the website and post it here once we have enough in stock. Just going to have to be patient ;)

Cary

10. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Cary, I think you are practicing to be one of those elimination show hosts. "Who is going home"........................................................................................................................................We'll find out right after the break!

11. Cary Winch

Yes, I think I am watching too much "Dancing with the stars". Can't help it.

Cary

12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow! Words fail me (which doesn't happen often...)

:cool:

13. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

If you bring rain wherever you camp DEFINATELY come to Texas! We need rain BADLY! :)

14. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Novice

6 days is patient right? Curiousity is killing me. What does it look like?!

15. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Novice

Another wet weekend, but this time my side tent turned into an indoor pool! What an upgrade, only camper with their own pool! So excited about the rainfly!

16. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

it has two metal gromet's that go over the poles with an elasticated band between them to maintain tension. The fly then extends back and attached by Velcro to the straps that go over the top of the trailer. These Velcro straps are at about the same width as the front pole spacing. The back is wider so it sort of has two wings with a guy rope and plastic hook on the end to maintain tension and create better coverage. We has a big windy storm the first night we used ours and not a drop of water came in the side tent.

17. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Novice

18. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

Matt,
    We too had a pool, thus the request for a rainfly! I want it now!! (no , I am not patient!)
    Eileen

19. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Cary,
    When will the Side Tent Rain Fly be on the web site?

20. Cary Winch

Steve,

Two things need to happen before we can put it on the website.

1) We need to have enough of them in stock to advertise. With the long list of people wanting them before hand already this may be a long ways off.

2) We need to free up Craig to put it on the website. He is beyond busy for awhile right now doing service work and getting ready to go to Minden. Don't think I am going to get much help from him for a couple of weeks.

That being said I can't give a time line yet.

Cary