Quick Connect For Td Water Inlet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RollingRob, Feb 8, 2021.

1. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Hi everyone, anyone know the size of the coupler or quick connect fitting female end that connects to the TD? Lost mine off the end of my tailgate and would like to replace in within the next day or so, thanks Should I be able to pick one up at hardware store or Amazon?

2. Henry

Henry Novice

I assume you are talking about the connector for using city water? Looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Camp-Inn sells them so you could call them and see if they can 2-day one to you if you need it right away. Mine is in the trailer that I can't get to anytime soon to measure. If you look at the camp-inn website, they must have changed the fitting at build number 758 so you would need to know your build number when ordering.

You should note that this is more than just a coupling - the left most piece is a pressure regulator to prevent damage to the trailer if the city water pressure is too high. Search for Camco 40055 water regulator. Looks like the middle piece is a garden hose to 3/4" (?) npt thread fitting and then the quick connect fitting that I don't know the size of but you should be able to source locally or Amazon.

You would be risking damaging the trailer water system if you don't use the regulator. The e-trailer site also has some info on these and sells them.

If you are not talking about the city water connection, then ignore all of this.

RollingRob likes this.
  3. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Hey Henry, yes that’s exactly what I’m talking about. I already had an extra 40-50psi water regulator so I thought I would buy the quick disconnect for it because in heading out in a couple of days. If I can’t find it I may have Cary expedite one to me. Just trying to use what I already had laying around. Thanks!

4. Henry

Henry Novice

Sorry I can't get to mine to see what the connector is. Cary might tell you what the part is so that you can pick one up locally or sell you just the part(s) you need since you already have a regulator.

RollingRob likes this.
  5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

RollingRob likes this.
  6. I did not realize there was a pressure regulator in this assembly. Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

--Ken

RollingRob likes this.
  7. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Hey Sweeney, thanks for the info. I ordered a quick disconnect set for common 3/4 hose but it is too small to connect to TD male connector so the one camp inn uses is larger coupler , maybe for pressure washer equipment... my 560 is #479. I’m assuming you are stating the coupler you show from Home Depot fits your camper but it’s important to note that when you order an assembly from CI, they ask which # you have so male water connector may be different depending your year of build. Thanks for the great info.

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Mine was a 2012 -- but I dont think things have changed (I'm STRONGLY considering buying a 2021) back then, the fittings were all compatible with the metalic fittings in the garden center. I THINK it was rainbird that Lowes sold at the time. The preasure reducer is standard hose fitting, so no problem there.

What CampInn uses is fittings used in commercial hydraulics -- parker (?) -- not the cheap chinese crap. Its the expensive Chinese crap.

Hope it helps.

RollingRob likes this.