Prophetstown campout Oct. & Maiden voyage

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by David Olson, Oct 26, 2012.

1. David Olson

David Olson Novice

This was a great weekend at the end of our maiden voyage. We stoped at Prophetstown St. Pk, in Il. for a tearjerkers campout, great people and great food.
    Hope my pics came thru.
    If so more to come.
    We picked up our new 560 on Oct. 15th, 2012 man what a work of art. We didn't go far the first day, just up to Dexter County Park in Wood county about 25 miles. It was such beautiful weather we stayed for 2 days.We enjoyed some hiking and exploring our new camper. The whole campground to ourselves. It was past peak color but still beautiful. We floated around SW Wi. for a couple more days (had to hit Cabelas) then on to Lake Le-Auqua-Na St. Pk. in Il. Had never been there before it was a beautiful park.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

very happy for you. great pictures!

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Looks like you caught some good colors and ate well, too. A great start!

4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Um?? huh? what tent were you looking at? heheh
    What's the "other Tent"..

there's a great variety over here...
    http://www.ecanopy.com/pop-up-canopies.html

if that helps. Believe Sarah has one they're really happy with..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Jenn,
    I really like the Kelty once it is up. It is not the easiest to put up at first. But once you figure out the pattern it is not bad. It is a very tight fit. We were in some pretty good rain with it on our first trip and it seemed to let the water run off well without pooling. We did not do any additional waterproofing from water is done at the factory. You can move the poles to get different dimmensions.
    To tell you the truth from what I have seen of the REI Alcove that would probably be my first choice over the Kelty. Our Kelty is brand new so we will use it for now.

6. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Jenn, I'd agree with Oly re the REI Alcove. Note Joan's post about the "rafters."

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hi, Jenn. All is well. Had a lovely Christmas. Late October, early November was tough because my nephew died after a long illness and I spent time in Alabama with family. Had a difficult time even thinking about camping/traveling. But now we're back in the swing, planning an early spring trip to the south and then the AK/MI/WI trip. Sounds like you'll be back on the road again soon.