Privy/Changing Tents?

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Randy, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Anyone have the Trekker privy tent sold by Cabela's? Any other recommendations? Just need something for standup changing.

Thanks!

Randy

2. Kelly

Kelly Novice

I have the Trekker Fold-A-Privy (not the Trekker Privy Shelter). The Fold-A-Privy is made of very lightweight material and is one of those pop-up-style tents (quick assembly, but getting the hang of take down takes a few attempts). Due to the lightness of the material I wouldn't recommend it for regular use. It is "okay" if only used sparingly - such as when the biffy is a long way from the campsite. Based on the price point difference, I would think the material used on the Privy Shelter should be of better quality than the Fold-A-Privy.

What is kind of amusing about that tent is the questions it draws . . . sometimes I get more questions about what the funny cone shaped tent is for than I do about the trailer (people can be so unpredictable at times :confused:)

3. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

We picked up an Ozark utility tent at Walmart. Easy up and very handy for showers, dressing or a porta-potty. One problem, when back lit your silhouette shows the world what you're up to. We use a tarp to create an outside privacy area around the tent. A bit of extra work, but worth it.

Came in darned handy last Father's Day when we were camping at Big Tree's State Park and found the administration was delighted to rent camp space on the off season - it's usually snow covered that time of year, but the drought...well, you know - however, they neglected to turn on the water and unlock the toilets! Didn't even warn us, just took our money, smiled and let us set up and discover the locks at a very inconvenient moment. And no refunds. Gee, thanks, State of California.

But I don't mean to rant...

Luckily we had our handy dandy Ozark and tarp and everything turned out just fine.

What was the question?

Sue