Need Help Photos Won't Upload

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Ben, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Has anyone else had trouble uploading jpegs? I select a photo and see a couple of vertical bars (looks like it's uploading) then nothing happens. I tried a different web browser and same problems. Thanks.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Ben, I just uploaded a pic without any trouble. It must be smaller than 9.8 MB I believe. Mine was a jpeg file...

Ben likes this.
  3. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Ben,

I had the same issue with my iPhone when it had a poor connection. It took a while for the vertical bars to go away, but they did.

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  4. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Hi Evan,
    It's actually from my laptop. I haven't been able to use the "upload file" function but was just able to get some pics to upload by dragging them from my photos folder and dropping into the message. It's a bit of a work around but works ok. I hope you're doing well in Connecticut! Ben

Evan likes this.
  5. Could not get them to upload from my phone or from my desktop once we were home this past Monday.

6. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

17F53D8F-D91E-4D8D-8E85-9E0C4C0D1B02.jpeg
    this was a test to see if it worked for me. I just clicked on upload a file, then selected pic from my files, then when it attached selected full size as the option instead of thumbnail. Let’s see if it worked as I reply to your thread.

7. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I am experiencing this now too. From my desktop computer.

8. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

This is the same issue I am having - trying to upload - looks like it starts and then it just goes back to "choose file".

9. Doug & Angela

Doug & Angela Novice

DSC_0152 DM.jpg

Just trying a test here as well. This was a 1.56 jpeg that uploaded from my phone and looks like it'll work. I did try to change my avatar/pic you see by our names and that didn't work while trying it on our PC. Will try to on my phone now so if you see something other than a question mark, it worked.

10. Doug & Angela

Doug & Angela Novice

This smaller file worked, but couldn't upload a 9.6 mg jpeg. Seems like a file size issue to me.

11. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

12. Jim Carter

Bread Edit.jpg
    So its a file size issue. We cannot upload files of the size that is stated, something around 9 MB

Evan likes this.
  13. Evan

Jim, you are right. The max file size for uploads is just under 10 MB.

14. Jim Carter

Evan,

I think I did not provide complete information. I had to reduce this to less than 300 KB to get it to load. It was originally 2.11 MB

Jim

15. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Thank you!

16. Evan

Hmmm... Can you send me the original 2.11 file?
    e s c a m m a n @ gmail

17. Evan

@Jim Carter, I was not able to upload your picture either. I also had trouble with one of my pictures. Both were under the 9.8 MB limit. There seems to be an issue with pictures approaching 4000 pixels in width or height. Scaling the picture down to 3400 or below works 100% of the time so far.

I was able to upload large files 5+mb as long as the pixel count was at or below 3400. I don't know why this is happening. But until I figure it out, I suggest that you downsize to 3400 pixels or less. That is still a pretty decent size, but, of course, it's a hassle. It's the best I can offer until I find a real fix.

18. Evan

@Jim Carter, I think I got it figured out. Please try some of your images again. If you are on a computer, you can simply drag and drop your images onto your post window. You'll know immediately if they are accepted.

Ken & Peggy and RollingRob like this.
  19. Jim Carter

20. Jim Carter

Evan,
    It works except they will not display unless you click on a link in the post.

RollingRob likes this.