Peg & Ken's Colorado/Utah trip.

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Ken & Peggy, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

We spent 3 weeks on the road, returning to Chicago on August 14th. We visited 8 National Parks and traveled just over 5,000 miles. Attended a wedding in Denver, then on to Rocky Mtn, Great Sand Dune, Mesa Verde, Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef, Bryce, and Zion National Parks. All amazing, and all with something unique to offer. We had been to some before, but added 5 new parks to our list this trip.

Once I get some time, we'll throw a few pics up of this incredibly beautiful area. It'd be almost impossible to pick a favorite spot - maybe Zion for me, but that could be because it's the last place we were...

2. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

will be watching for your post in the "awards" section. be sure to PM me your address for your 5,000 mile pin. Kathy
    (KathyBob)

3. fernlane

fernlane Junior Ranger

I'm curious as to where you camped in Zion. We're planning a similar trip in a week or two, also have a wedding to attend in Colorado.
    Checking online, the Watchman campground is booked solid while the South campground looks like it might be a scrum. Maybe not in mid september.