Paper Towel Holder

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Evan, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

This is a wind proof paper towel holder. We bought it online at www.stacksandstacks.com and brought it with us when we picked up our trailer.
    Marty (the production manager) installed it for us while we were talking with Cary.

[​IMG]

I think this is maybe the best one out there, but unfortunately, I can't seem to find it online anymore. If anybody else can find it please post a link.

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Does it have a brand name or model number?

:cool:

3. Evan

Great idea - I never thought to go look at it... :)

AMCO Houseworks 8344

I tracked down the company and have emailed them to see if the product is still available. I'll post here if I find anything.

4. Evan

Aha - I found one store that is still selling them (heavily discounted)

Paper Towel Holder

Doesn't say how many they have left...

5. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

6. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hey Ken, that's the same one I found last week at Ross. It works great, and doesn't unwind by itself. I was going to recommend it, but you beat me to it!!! Very nice!

7. Ken & Peggy

A question Evan...

What are those black round things on your hatch in the photo of the towel holder? One looks like a speaker?, another a light? Details, please!
    Ken

8. Ken & Peggy

I'm glad to hear it works so well, now I'm anxious to get it installed.
    Ken

9. mcjimjam

It's a big improvement over the velcro strap we had to use on our old one. We only wish we could have installed it on the second rib of the hatch, but there just wasn't enough clearance when we closed the hatch. It was a close call though. It still looks good.

10. Ken & Peggy

If you get a chance, would you mind putting a picture up? I was hoping to get it onto the 2nd rib, too. Where did you wind up installing it?

11. mcjimjam

I hope this picture helps. I am technologically challenged!!

[​IMG]

12. Evan

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  13. Ken & Peggy

Jim & Jamie,
    That's where I thought it would go, I would call that the 2nd rib, but I guess it's really the '1st rib from the end'. It looks good, and it seems that it won't be in the way when the hatch is open. BTW, did you make those rockers in the pictures?
    Ken

14. mcjimjam

Ken,
    Jim is a talented wood worker, but no, he did not make the rockers. He built our fantastic front porch though, and most of our house.
    I may have to retract my gloating about our paper towel holder. The roll is on a ratchet, and won't turn unless pulled. BUT, as we discovered today, if it is windy, the towels kind of loosen in the breeze, and eventually unwind that way. Therefore, we will have to award Evan, "Best PT Holder"!!

15. Evan

It's still for sale for only about $5 - see the link above...

16. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

I tried ordering one from The Great Indoors, but it said they were not available & there was no date of when they might be available again. However, I did find them on theoverstockedkitchen.com for $14 + $3 for shipping & ordered one. It was cheaper than on another site, Home Village, that had them and wanted $9.95 + $15 for shipping.

17. Ken & Peggy

Well, I may have to order one of Evan's, too. Thanks for the update.
    Ken

18. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Here is another idea that works well to keep paper towels from unrolling from a mounted paper towel holder - a Teardrop Paper Towel Weight!

I know of several teardroppers, including Camp-Inn owners, who have one of these & really like them. They are also pretty sharp looking.

These are being made & sold by a gentleman from the T&TTT forum for $13.95, including shipping.

[​IMG]

Front side:
    [​IMG]

Back side:
    [​IMG]

It is made with a 3/8" thick chunk of Jatoba (Brazillian Cherry) and inlayed it with Hard Maple & has a clear lacquer finish.

Here is a link to the order page:
    Teardrop Paper Towel Weight

19. mcjimjam

Thanks for the link Betsey! Looks like a practical and cool looking solution for our unraveling paper towels!!

20. Ken & Peggy

over-charged me for shipping!

Betsey,
    I ordered one from them also, and for the same price - $14 + $3. They listed it that way on the order confirmation, BUT actually charge me over $14 for shipping. The toll free number on their website doesn't work. I emailed them but have yet to hear back. I haven't received it yet, and FedEx's site doesn't show it as even being shipped.
    Just any FYI, you may want to double check your shipping charges.
    Ken