OR - Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival, Woodburn

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Mick'nSarah, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Hi everyone-

We didn't take the teardrop down to Woodburn for this (we just did the short trip in the car), but I wanted to mention it to folks, in case you find yourself in our neck of the woods in mid-late April.

This is one of my favorite spring time events. The lad and I went down on Wednesday for it, and it was spectacular. They open up the fields for folks to go out, explore, learn about new varieties of tulips, take pictures, and they have lots of tractors and hay bales, and slides for the kids. The lad may have more fun than I do! I especially love clear days with Mt. Hood towering above the fields!

Due to weather, everything in Oregon seems to be a week or two late this year, so they have extended the festival until 8 May, but it normally goes from 1 April-1 May.

http://www.woodenshoe.com/

I will try to post a few of my pictures early next week.

There is camping in the area, the outlet mall is 20 minutes down the road, and there is some amazing state parks not too far off either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Haha, good thing my wife didn't read this post. I will gladly drive the whole Oregon Coast to get through Oregon rather than drive down I-5 though Woodburn, because of those dreaded outlets... :)

3. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

I agree outlet stores can realy put the brakes on any trip.Steve :)

4. Mick'nSarah

You could always take the backroads!

Evan, doesn't Lincoln City stop you? :) There are outlets there too!

5. Evan

Yes, it does - but there is a great used book store in Lincoln city, so Lena can have all the time she wants. :)

6. Mick'nSarah

Certain bookstores are always worth a stop! I might have to find out where it is from you next time I am down there. Ever been to Powells on a trip through Portland? I love getting lost in there.

7. Evan

Lincoln City seems to be divided into two halves - with a undeveloped stretch in the middle. As you go south though the undeveloped part there will be a bookstore on your left. It has a large mural on the exterior wall (a guy in a funny outfit reading a book). This is the best used bookstore I have ever found.