Ongoing maintenance or repairs out of state

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by starlight, Mar 4, 2011.

1. starlight

starlight Novice

We will discuss this with Cary before we purchase, but wanted the group's insight on this...
    We live in So Cal and the trip back after picking up the trailer may be the only long haul for a few years. We are planning on camping in the region and working up to longer trips as our employment and family life allows. We are looking to get the raindrop as a step up above tent camping that accomodates my early onset arthritis. I don't want our daughter to miss out on being outdoors just because mommy has new physical limitations.
    That being said, we are nowhere near Cary's wonderful crew to stop in for repairs, leak inspections, etc. What has your experience been with resolving these issues without having to haul your CI all the way back to them? Neither of us has the equipment or expertise to handle it on our own. Your thoughts?

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

We had a small leak at the fantastic fan spoke to cary on the phone and he told me what to do ,it took 5 min.to do. :)

3. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Good question - Living in Texas, running up to Wisconsin for repairs isn't going to happen except maybe the rare trip....Bill can fix anything - as long as it can be glued or duct taped, which AIN'T happenin' on the Raindrop...so what to do? (And that's not a slam towards Bill - he knows it and is proud of it!)

Jerry Kemp likes this.
  4. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Unless there is a main structure issue, repairs should be able to be done local. I was thinking Cary could authorize warranty work with someone in your area. Good question.

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

We had a problem with our thermostat the day after we picked up our raindrop. We were already in the next state, but Craig found an RV service center with the part in stock that was along our route. They fixed the problem and Craig had us send him the bill.

As stated in the Camp-Inn warranty, this is pretty typical of how they will handle warranty issues if you can't make it in to the factory.

6. starlight

starlight Novice

Thanks Anna&Steve and Evan. Glad to hear that was your experience. Just concerned about logistics on our end. After seeing some of the comments on leaks it got us thinking. We'll be talking more with Cary soon.

7. starlight

starlight Novice

and Steve n' Ellen too. :)