One Quart Lodge Dutch Oven

Discussion in 'Camp Cooking & Dutch Ovens' started by hiadventurer, Aug 12, 2020.

1. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

After patiently searching the internet and looking through antique stores I finally landed a Lodge #6 dutch oven, new in the box. I know these to be rare as the price on ebay and Amazon have proved that over the last couple of years I've been searching. The question I have, if someone knows, when did Lodge quit making these? and why? Great size for two...it was just a fluke that I came across this, purchased it for $30,.$50 with shipping..

Attached Files:

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Looks like a great find! All seasoned and ready to go, or do you get to season it to your liking?

3. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Will heat it up to just sterilize it, then re-coat and use..

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a lot of years - great find.

5. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I bought a couple of these in 2009 when the Pittsburgh, PA Sportsman's Warehouse was going out of business so I assume Lodge was still making them then.
    If you share your email with me I will send you a bunch of recipes for the 6" from the Yahoo Dutch Oven group.

Jim

Lynne & Scott likes this.
  6. FL Carol

FL Carol Newbie

When passing through Pittsburgh, TN you many want to stop at the Lodge store. Hit them up to reinstate this item. :)