October delivery - can't wait

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Cmckinnon, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Cmckinnon

Cmckinnon Newbie

My wife Mindy, our Norfolk terrior Oscar, and I will be driving from Virginia to Wisconsin to pick up our new TD in mid October. We have been reading the form, installing a hitch on our Outback, and buying gear for the Ultra 550. Can't wait to join the group on the road. When we leave Nacedah to head back to VA we will spend our first night somewhere in SE Wisconsin. I see most of the camp grounds close by mid Oct. Any suggestion?

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Hi Christopher and Minday, and welcome to the forum! We've stayed at Sky High Campground a couple of times this year - once, early in the season before the state parks opened up, and another time in July when all the state parks in the area were fully booked.
    They have a nice couple of loops that are set in the woods, very much like a state park. They have showers and laundry facilities that are pretty nice. I think they're about $40/night - but they may have a $10 off deal going.
    They're near Baraboo, WI, actually just off of I-90, so it's convenient.

3. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

My backyard is available! Jackson, wi.

4. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

Now if that was Jackson Hole, Wyoming I would be interested as I am also scheduled for sometime in October at least thats what I heard a few weeks ago.

And Christopher, I am getting the same unit hope they are making two.

Dave

5. Deb

Deb Novice

I highly recommend Ottawa Lake, part of the Southern Kettle Moraine State Park. It's our first trip every year. If you have specific questions, just send me a message. The cost is $17 per night. It is about 40 minutes west of Milwaukee. They are open all year around. There are nice showers and flush toilets, plus electrical hook-ups at many of the sites. Go to Reserve America:http://wisconsinstateparks.reserveamerica.com/homeLeft.do?mode=submit&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I'll 2nd Ottawa Lake, a great campground. BUT, the bathrooms and showers shut down during October sometime - depends on the weather. So you could luck out...

7. Cmckinnon

Cmckinnon Newbie

Ken,
    Thanks for your response. I will look into Sky High Campground. Another post indicated the showers may close in October. I am new to posting on the form. Still figuring out my way around the site. So good to see the wonderfull replies to my post. I know We are going to enjoy the form and our TD. ;)

8. Cmckinnon

Cmckinnon Newbie

Sherry,
    We will defiantly take your offer under consideration.

9. Cmckinnon

Cmckinnon Newbie

Dave,
    I see on the progress photo they are working on a couple other 550's. One under construction has a white painted frame. Did you order a painted frame?

10. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

No but mine is supposed to be third week in Oct. #545
    I suppose I will get pictures soon. Thanks Dave

11. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Hi Christopher and Mindy,

Welcome to the family. We're getting quite a little group of CI owners going in Virginia. We're in the Lake Gaston area. It's a shame your trailer won't be ready to pick up for the CICO, it's a really good time and a great way to see how everyone personalizes their trailer. Maybe we'll try to get everyone in Virginia together next spring for a little outing. If you need any information about the LKG area let me know, there's a lot of nice camping areas around us.

12. Deb

Deb Novice

Ken,
    You are right about the flush toilets and showers closing mid-October, but they might just make it. I suggest calling for the exact date this year. There are year-round bathrooms open, though, not the posh ones. We're about 25 minutes from there, so we would welcome Mindy and Christopher if they want to stop and shower, etc.

13. Cmckinnon

Cmckinnon Newbie

Hello Aj & Michelle,
    I tried to talk Cary into speeding up our trailer so we could attend CICO but he said it just can't be done. I am happy to see the Virginia contingent is growing. Hoping we can all gather together somewhere in VA. A trip to Lake Gaston is on our list of places we plan to visit. I will send you a PM about the LKG area camp grounds. A spring gathering sounds great. Thanks for your reply.
    Christopher & Mindy

14. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Chiming in about a VA/NC gathering.......a favorite campground of ours is North Bend Park at Kerr Dam Reservoir. It is about an hour west of Lake Gaston. There is not a bad campsite in this Army Corps of Engineers Campground. They have a very nice group area that would work well for a group of teardrops, just not sure if they allow anything other than tents on it. We will be camping there in the very near future, so we could check and see if they could accommodate us there. Here's a link that has photos of all of their campsites:

http://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/North-Bend-Park

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  15. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Carol and I spent many years in Raleigh/Cary/Chapel Hill and still go up there alot. Our daughter and 3 grandkids live in CH so if a "used to live" in NC counts, we'd like to join you. Also I'm a native Marylander (hence the Crab Pot" tear name) so I'm for any spot I can get steamed blue crabs!
    Mike

16. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Mike, you're more than welcome to join us. As with every teardrop gathering we've attended …everyone is welcome no matter what they're towin'

Jim, another nice place just up from the dam is Occoneechee State Park … you should take a ride through when you're in the area, it's about 15-20 minutes west on Rt.58 toward Clarksville.