No Heat From Furnace

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by NH Wanderlust, Sep 23, 2023.

1. NH Wanderlust

NH Wanderlust Junior Ranger Donating Member

So when I turn the furnace on it lights. I can hear it and feel the warm exhaust. Inside the fans start to blow cold air which never gets warm. After about 5 minutes the furnace turns off and won’t relight. Help please, it’s getting cool here in New Hampshire.

2. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

Rule out a mouse nest in there somewhere.

Vince G, rmbrowder and Kevin like this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Check the gas supply?

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Airflow is critical for the safe operation of the furnace, especially in places where there are bugs, mice etc. They get into the furnaces and cause all kinds of problems.

As stated by Kevin & Lipster, look for blocks in the intake and exhaust. The block (may not be visible and internal to the furnace. Mud Daubers and wasps can get deep inside.

If its not that, then likely its a problem with airflow on the blower side. If you look up "Sail Switch" there's all kinds of information online. Its a very common 'failure' or point that detects something else that is wrong. Be careful with propane --- if you have a leak, this is the kind of thing .... well, you just don't want to have leaks.

I'd call the factory on Monday and get guidance from Cary.

Ken & Peggy and SethB like this.
  5. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Had this happen in a furnace in our pop-up years ago. A bit of a job to clear, but once done the problem was solved. Hope yours is an easier fix.

Kevin likes this.
  6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Di you get this sorted out? I was talking to some people about furnaces this weekend, and though about this thread....