NM - Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fest

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by fpoole, Dec 13, 2012.

1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

I just booked the annual Hot Air Balloon Fest or what I call the "Balloonie Loonie's Fest"

[​IMG]

Oct 4th to 12th
    Trip planning on the way down and way back I guess, Utah etc, but we'll see. Doing Utah on another trip, sooner but I understand there's lots to see there.
    Booked for now..
    Fun... one trip at a time eh??

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Long time to wait for wonderful photos.

Wonder what science experiements you will learn?

3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

This is definitely on my must do list. A group of us are planning on doing this in 2014. Can't do it next year because of the 10th CICO. So many things to see, so many years until I retire.

4. fpoole

Whooops???? CICO is then?? Yikes..... will check the dates as I don't have to spend the full time there. Really just wanted to catch the "Odd shaped Balloonies", Wed & Thur I believe.. hmmm back to the drawing board...

Science experiments.. heheh.. hot air rises, cold air doesn't... probably about the only thing I'll understand there...

Film at 11.... fun..

Oh, maybe ok after all as the last one was end of Sept... so might work out after all... do the CICO then mosey on down to the Balloons... all in one trip... Hmm...

5. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Joan,

Keep us posted, we're interested for 2014 …on our bucket list too!

6. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Frank, since I am still working, I can do only one major trip a year. Next year it will be CICO. Now if I was retired, it would be possible to do both since there probably is more than enough time to go from CICO to the balloon festival.

7. fpoole

Oh, ya scared me, thinking they were the same time.. kewl.. will take some pics and scope out the area, maybe join you all in 2014... stay tuned...

8. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

That's on our bucket list, too. We can't do it this year but would love to do it next year.

9. fpoole

Heheh... maybe we have a convoy...
    for 2014...

I'll check it, this year with photos etc.. and plan for next year, 2014...
    Fun..

10. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Speaking of convoys...is there a convoy of folks that might like to travel together from the PNW to CICO? It is a ways out, but I would love to hook up with others...I am really trying to work out how I can be there.

Question for the locals there too...what is the closest airport to where CICO is held? This might help in my factoring!

Thanks!

11. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

My guess would be Madison...

12. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

We might be part of the convoy.

13. fpoole

Yah, sure, just need to know the "Official Dates" and where..
    Could meet up in Idaho or ??? depending upon routes..
    fun..

14. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Major airports: Minneapolis/St. Paul and Chicago.
    Smaller: Madison, Wi
    Even smaller: LaCrosse, Wi.
    Tiniest: Cary lives at the airport in Necedah! He could pick you up and drop you directly at the CICO. If Mick wears a parachute.