Newishbie

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by rkerber, Mar 18, 2021.

1. rkerber

rkerber Newbie

Hi folks -

So I bought a 2007 550 Ultra (#186) in the Fall of 2019. It was in great shape, but we never quite got it out before Winter came, so we planned a big maiden voyage from Kentucky to Big Bend NP for March of 2020 . . .

It was just as well that we didn't bite off quite that much more than we could chew. We finally managed to sneak out in July to Egg Harbor, WI, in August to the Pisgah National Forest in NC, and then back to WI again at the end of September, finally taking advantage of spectacular early November weather for a quick trip to another Big Bend (KY--it's a real place!). We love the trailer and are learning how to be responsible trailer parents, with some help from Cary. Not that there haven't been some mishaps along the way.

Needless to say, I could have saved myself some time/embarassment/aggravation if I'd remembered about the forum.

I've spent a considerable portion of the last few weeks tinkering with minor "fixes" and "upgrades" but mostly am just looking to get back out on the road as soon as possible after finishing up the vaccine protocol, hopefully in early April.

[​IMG]
    That's Liz, Sunny, and #186.

Jim Carter, Randy and L57 like this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

That pretty much describes RVing :) CI's are awesome trailers, supported by one of the best companies in the industry. Welcome to the club :)

3. Nice, sounds like a good first year with it. Where in Pisgah NF did you end up? We've camped at Lake Powhaten, Mt Pisgah & Linville Falls over the years. All of them nice, but you do share the Mt Pisgah with quite a few skunks. We've never had a problem, definitely seen them.

4. rkerber

rkerber Newbie

North Mills River. We had no skunk issues, just a fun little detour up a Forest Service road following a sign that said "additional parking." We are still learning to turn around, but there was a wide spot after a mile or two.

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.
  5. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Welcome, you will love it