New to the club!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by richardw, Jun 17, 2015.

1. richardw

richardw Newbie

Hey All,

Just wanted to take a minute to say hi. My wife and I are the happy new owners of 560 Ultra #505, which we purchased last month from Gym up in Oregon. He couldn't have been nicer or easier to deal with as we made the transaction.

We had a fun - but fast - trip driving back down to the S.F. Bay Area. Then we had our first proper trip with it last weekend at a little music festival in the Sierra Foothills. Gearing up for a three week trip next month, trying to get everything dialed in.

Our first experiences in the trailer have been great and the best part is that our 4 year son old loves everything about it.

Thanks to all who've contributed wisdom and knowledge on the list, it's been super helpful.

Take Care,

Richard

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Richard,

Welcome to the Camp Inn family.

3. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations Richard. I don't think there is a better place than here to get advice and help. I'm just headed out to the shop to start putting things together for my next trip.

4. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Sounds like you are enjoying your new camper already and your just getting started.

Bob

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi Richard! Congrats on your new raindrop! You are going to be so happy! Did you son sleep in a bunk? Wish you all many adventures ahead!

6. richardw

richardw Newbie

Hi Diane,

We haven't had our son sleep in the bunk yet, though he's said he wants to. So far he's just slept on the couch area. He's a very active sleeper so we're a tad worried about him falling out of the bunk on to our heads even with the kid catcher! We'll probably give it a try, though.

Richard

7. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Ain't it fun, though. Welcome Richard and your lovely family.

Oh yeah, kids are a blast in a trailer. We have taken our granddaughter camping many times and she certainly knows how to stretch out - sideways! We have a 550 and as she grew, things got interesting, But we all loved it and she now has joyful memories and a love of the outdoors; gifts to carry throughout her life. She's too big for all of us to sleep in the trailer now, but we have remedies at hand, so the fun continues.

And it gets better. Her baby brother is three and as soon as he is no longer bear fodder and can manage a few days away from mommy and daddy, he'll come with us, too. Get 'em while they're young.

Little ones do tend to fall out of the bunk beds in the beginning, so a cargo net (though not a real cargo net, kids can get ensnared) or some kind of railing is a must until they get used to it. Of course, having an incoherent, thrashing four-year-old landing on your head at three AM will also produce fun memories - or is that brain damage?

Growing up, we had bunk beds and my baby brother did roll off at the start, but he soon adapted. I hit the floor a few times myself, but I bounced. Jim has suggested those bounces are the root of my "odd" behavior, but I digress...

Anywho - enjoy. Get out there and build those memories.

And keep posting, please. We'd love to hear how the adventures go.

Camp On,

Sue and Jim says

8. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Welcome to the family....

9. birder526

birder526 Novice

Using the couch sounds like a good idea!! Have fun!

10. Rick  Sarah

Rick Sarah Novice

Welcome Richard and Family,
    We just had our first stay put camping trip and loved it too. We thought how much fun it would have been to have a CI when our children were little. Even the way we camped, camping is such a great family memory making experience. I hope you have many years of making those memories.
    Safe travels.

11. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Richard,

Congrats on your CI and welcome to group and forum. Although my wife and I are not CI owners yet, we will be soon. We have learned a lot from this group will benefit from all of the experience and advice. Enjoy and safe travels.