New to teardrops

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by KBVoth, Jun 10, 2013.

1. KBVoth

KBVoth Newbie

Hello - I saw my first TD in person last Monday and am uber excited to place my order! We are looking to order the 560. I'm an impatient person (my hubby balances me out there) and of course, want it last week :) We are also in need of a tow vehicle, so my obsession is thwarted for now. In a few days, we take off to tent camp for 2 weeks down through Sedona, over to the Grand Canyon and landing in California. If I had my TD I would be in Nirvana!!

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the forum. You can rent Camp Inn teardrops also.

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Hi Barb, welcome to the forum! Like Jean said, you can rent a teardrop directly from CampInn, which isn't that far a drive for you. And many people with CampInns have tow vehicles with 4 cylinder engines, so your current car may work just fine.
    Sounds like you have a great trip planned - have fun!

4. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Awesome to see you on here Barb and Kelvin!

Cary

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Have a good trip - I can just imagine you dreaming of your 560 while tenting saying when we have our 560. . . we will do. . .have fun and enjoy dreaming!

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

BarbKelvin welcome, we have all been were you are now it's a great feeling and it only get's better.

7. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome and have a great trip.

8. KBVoth

KBVoth Newbie

Thanks everybody! We're back and not too worse for the wear. We had a lot of fun, saw a lot of BIG trees in Calif , a huge canyon in Arizona :) and now back home and planning our next one.
    Barb.
    p.s. (hoping next time I won't be inflating and re-inflating a bed each day)

9. Ken & Peggy

Welcome back to the midwest! Post some pictures of your trip if you get a chance...

10. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

have fun

11. brightwolf

brightwolf Newbie

I'd like to try our a few models before ordering one. Where do I rent one?

12. Ken & Peggy

The only place to rent one that I'm aware of is CampInn themselves, in Necedah, Wisconsin. I'm sure one of the Camp Inn folks will let you know if there's another option.

13. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Although you may not be able to rent one closer to home, call up campinn and get some referrals of owners close to you that you may be able to arrange a tour.

If you can make it, the Camp-Inn Camp-Outthttp://tinycamper.com/camp-inn-camp-outt.htm is a great way to see lots of Camp-Inns

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  14. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

Hello from Jim H & Sue Z

If you have not seen some close up we will be in Montana in September at the Saint Mary's Koa let me know if you want to look a Raindrop ultra. We will be there 14th thru 19th so something on 15 - 18 is a possible visit. Although a 2008 we have a lot of the upgrades.

15. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Ah shoot! I was just in Montana! We could have tried to meet up. Hope you are able to work something out! Welcome to the forum (a month late!).