Need Help "new Posts" Link Does Not Work On Mobile

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by dirty6, Apr 28, 2022.

1. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

Good morning,

I usually use the "new posts" link in the top of the forums menu bar to stay up to date with the conversations around here.

After the recent outage, that link stopped working for my when using my mobile device (iPhone/Safari browser and Chrome browser). Attempting to follow the link, or to manually type it in by hand, directs me to the same iPage "this site is temporarily unavailable" error page that was showing up during the outage.

I assumed it was a feature that had been removed. But, today I noticed the link still works from a desktop computer browser. Is there a reason it works from the desktop but not from a mobile browser?

2. SethB

SethB Ranger

I’m using the site from an iPad; the new posts link is working for me in Safari, it came right back after the outage.

Have you quit your browsers and restarted your devices? I know many people rarely restart…

If it were a desktop/laptop, I’d recommend emptying your browser cache. There must be some equivalent on iOS…

dirty6 and Kevin like this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Doing this (above) worked for me on iphone and ipad.

4. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

Thanks for the feedback - that didn't quite do it, but your confirmation that it was working for you led me down a road of poking and prodding that eventually succeeded by using the "request version of site" option, which i believe clears the cache. Previously, I was assuming it was a website issue, not a not a device issue. Thanks!

5. SethB

SethB Ranger

Cool, glad it worked out for you!

dirty6 likes this.
  6. campdude

campdude Ranger

Seems to work