New Owners Of #????

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by John Graves, Oct 24, 2018.

1. John Graves

John Graves Newbie

Trippsters photo from 2012 at some lake...

60484B9C-3B2F-45C8-894E-923DAF2D6AF1.png 60484B9C-3B2F-45C8-894E-923DAF2D6AF1.png View attachment 4954 BA5C6E5B-E660-4D90-945E-B995589D949A.jpeg The trailer I just bought, at vail Mt. the gentleman I got her from added the racks and awning.

30199C40-190D-474A-BCEE-940DB06659DD.jpeg

Hi all, I recently flew out to Denver, drove over to New Castle and picked up our new to us 2012 550 ultra. I’m the third owner I believe. It’s really clean and “lightly used” were told. It seems to have all the bells and whistles which is not needed but nice I guess. On the drive back to Denver we stoped at Vail and tailgated a bit, cooking up some burgers on the gas stove and hoisting a cold beer to break her in. I put her in indoor storage in Denver and have a shipper lined up to bring her to her new home here in Rhode Island next week. Would have loved to driven out there and brought her back myself but work won’t allow that right now.

I stumbled across this forum and as I dive in and read on I saw what looks to be the trailer I just bought in a picture posted by the original Owner. I’m not positive but my CI has these aftermarket wheels on her and the CI in the picture has the exact same wheels, same year, and from the posts I’ve read from the owner has all the same options. The fellow posting the picture is named trippster and is from Kentucky, the Gentleman I bought her from said he bought it in Kentucky. I’m not sure why I’m sharing all this, I guess I just think its kinda cool to see my new trailer being enjoyed by the original owner who was somebody I’ve never met. I tried to message trippster but have not gotten a response as of yet.

I’m not sure how to tell what number build mine is, The serial number on my title is a lot more then four digits.

My wife and daughter and I can’t wait to get her home and start making memories. Cheers

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Evan likes this.
  2. jsnrdy

jsnrdy Newbie

Welcome and Congrats! There should be a small metal tag in the top left corner of the galley with the build number on it. It will tell you which number you have. She looks like she's in great shape! Enjoy her!

Charlie and Becki likes this.
  3. John Graves

John Graves Newbie

Thanks for the info on the number, as soon as she gets here I’ll check it out.

4. SethB

SethB Ranger

Welcome from the other coast!

That's a good-looking roof rack and awning system. We'd like to do something similar on *our* 2012 550, which we've had since early Spring.

If that's a Yakima cage, and it looks like it, my understanding is that the various Yakima attachments for round bars will fit right on the cage at the front and rear.

5. John Graves

John Graves Newbie

The basket is the Yakima Warrior basket. He custom cut and welded to fit around the fan so it opens and operates perfectly. I’ll be trying to sell the basket when the CI arrives next next. My roof top tent will be going up there. If interested I can send close up pics when she gets here.

6. SethB

SethB Ranger

Could be, could be. I hadn’t really thought about doing a basket - I know we’ll need crossbars and an awning!

But do post when you’re ready.

7. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Presuming you do have Trippster original, Trippster, if you look at his information tab, the trailer number was posted there. When you receive yours and check the number in the galley, you’ll know!

8. John Graves

John Graves Newbie

Will do!

9. John Graves

John Graves Newbie

You got it

10. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome! Enjoy!

John Graves likes this.
  11. John Graves

John Graves Newbie

Thanks!

12. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Welcome and congrats

13. John Graves

John Graves Newbie

Yup, it came yesterday and it’s number 492. Pretty cool.

14. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Congrats John. When you get a chance shoot us an email with your contact info so we can set you up as the new owner of 492.

Cary

15. John Graves

John Graves Newbie

Done

Thanks Cary

16. TearDragger

TearDragger Junior Ranger Donating Member

Great looking 550! Welcome the CI family. We just bought our new 560 in June, and I added the ARB awning. We love it, and also added the ARB side room tent, which is super easy to snap in when you want a side room for gear or changing. We're also going to add the Yakima roof tent next summer for our 8 yr/old. We have the Yakima warrior rack too, but keep that on the TV for longer trips to carry all the big, bulky gear likes chairs, extra awning, etc.